The Crumbling Underwater City of The Rapture Republic is a colossal, orderly nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, strictly enforced bedtime, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 7.356 billion Aquarians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rapture. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 81.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Aquarian economy, worth a remarkable 1,360 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 184,895 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 617,445 per year while the poor average 41,190, a ratio of 15.0 to 1.
Spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, Aquarian junkies argue that poppy stalks are ornamental flowers, nuclear warheads are frequently launched into space as a warning to invading meteoroids, and stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Rapture Republic's national animal is the Leviathan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Rapture Republic's influence in The Union of Egoists rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : The Rapture Republic published "Tales from Rapture: Deformed Flowers" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : The Rapture Republic changed its national nation type to "Crumbling Underwater City".
- : The Rapture Republic published "The Spy With a Mask: Elijah Rhodes Brown (HEAVY WIP)" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : The Rapture Republic's influence in The Union of Egoists rose from "Instigator" to "Dealmaker".
- : The Rapture Republic published "Owl of the Night: Diana Wiesenthal (Part II) (Heavy WIP)" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : The Rapture Republic changed its national motto to "No Gods or Kings. Only Man!".
- : The Rapture Republic changed its national motto to "No Tyrants or Kings. Only Man!".
- : The Rapture Republic changed its national currency to "Dollar" and its faith to "Christianity".
- : The Rapture Republic altered its national flag.