The Principality of The Seven Shed Skins is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Crown Prince with an iron fist, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.515 billion Seven Shed Skinsians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neapol Slithering. The average income tax rate is 91.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Seven Shed Skinsian economy, worth 222 trillion light-hours a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Trout Farming, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 147,157 light-hours, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Even doll houses and dog kennels have to be able to withstand rigorous earthquake testing, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside, refugees from other nations are flocking to The Seven Shed Skins's border, and stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Seven Shed Skins's national animal is the snake, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Seven Shed Skins's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : The Seven Shed Skins was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs, Most Cultured, and Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies and Most Subsidized Industry.
- : Following new legislation in The Seven Shed Skins, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Following new legislation in The Seven Shed Skins, refugees from other nations are flocking to The Seven Shed Skins's border.
- : Following new legislation in The Seven Shed Skins, excited shovel-bearing geeks wander the countryside.
- : Following new legislation in The Seven Shed Skins, even doll houses and dog kennels have to be able to withstand rigorous earthquake testing.
- : Following new legislation in The Seven Shed Skins, artists from across the nation compete to renovate the restrooms of old government buildings.
- : The Seven Shed Skins was refounded in Lazarus.
- : The Seven Shed Skins ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : The Seven Shed Skins was endorsed by The Tsaral Realm of Volstokn.