The Barren Wastelands of The Taklamakan Desert is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Salih Hudayar with an iron fist, and renowned for its avant-garde cinema, pith helmet sales, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.678 billion Taklamakans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Spirituality, and Administration are also considered important, while Social Policy and Environment are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ürümqi. The average income tax rate is 81.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Taklamakan economy, worth a remarkable 1,200 trillion Yuan a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 256,521 Yuan, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel, and wheelchair-enabled paratroopers need access ramps to get onto planes but not off them. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. The Taklamakan Desert's national animal is the Camel, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Sunni Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in The Taklamakan Desert, wheelchair-enabled paratroopers need access ramps to get onto planes but not off them.
- : The Taklamakan Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Sovereign Justice Accord".
- : Following new legislation in The Taklamakan Desert, homes have been banned from having any more than one wheel.
- : The Taklamakan Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Ever-Wandering Souls".
- : Following new legislation in The Taklamakan Desert, government policies change at the drop of a rabbit.
- : The Taklamakan Desert voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : The Taklamakan Desert endorsed The Commonwealth of East Quilan.
- : Following new legislation in The Taklamakan Desert, dynamite sales and concert audiences are booming.
- : The Taklamakan Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : The Taklamakan Desert voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commercial Arbitration Recognition".
Endorsements Received: 52 » Europaterre, Sorentia, Radnia, Swasal, The United Navy, Empess Sommes, Lomun, The Anarchistic States, Grexia Tay, Grand Termina, YoungGunners, New Phalorm, Central Dintinia, Roventia, Podkajia, Nudistonia, North Palm, Ogrosia, Rockafa, United Tanks, Zorroa, For vooperia, Fen Rage Gum, Nasmaria, New American republic of states, Britanian Power, Rogostan, Aszcrovia, Doggo empire, Zelida, The Somalli Pirates, Secorat, Millennias, The Office Fans, Walldova, Constitutional Creativity, Arkstonina, Estonia-Livonia, Republic of Restaks, Atque Coetibus, West Xanathananos, Slovlandia, Trontro, Saint Columcille, The Banasia and Gobaria, The Holy Colony of Snom, East Quilan, Quinceria, Natarkan, AlpacaGardens, and 2 others.Roboroporia, and Bhelram.