The Holy Empire of THE V0ID is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Beelzebub with an iron fist, and remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, frequent executions, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.21 billion V0IDians are rabid consumers, partly through choice and partly because the government tells them to and dissenters tend to vanish from their homes at night.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eldritch Rift. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.5%.
The frighteningly efficient V0IDian economy, worth 207 trillion Souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 171,754 Souls, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 836,676 per year while the poor average 20,318, a ratio of 41.2 to 1.
The giant 80-storey carving of Beelzebub in Mount Rushless can be seen from space, posh restaurants scatter glass fragments on the dining room floor to keep out barefoot undesirables, Beelzebub's opponents have adopted dogs to chase away the mailman, and the government has ended partisanship by ending elections. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. THE V0ID's national animal is the Purple worm, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Voidizem.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, the government has ended partisanship by ending elections.
- : THE V0ID was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Compulsory Consumerist State".
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, Beelzebub's opponents have adopted dogs to chase away the mailman.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, posh restaurants scatter glass fragments on the dining room floor to keep out barefoot undesirables.
- : THE V0ID was endorsed by The Free Land of Northern Celavon.
- : THE V0ID voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : THE V0ID voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, the giant 80-storey carving of Beelzebub in Mount Rushless can be seen from space.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, THE V0ID has been greatly criticised for its isolationist policies.
- : Following new legislation in THE V0ID, a byzantine web of conspiracies and secret alliances must be navigated any time legislation is voted upon.
Endorsements Received: 109 » Zukchiva, Arunika, Debluu, Wallenburg, A mean old man, Gunov, VW53Aland, Rainbow Vests, Axdel, Brotherland, East Malaysia, Headpat Central, Oofery, Dragons Blood, Lyontisia, Under Upper Antartica, Ridann, Asendavia, Sunsistan, Republic of Berzerkistan, Goodnamesarerare, Lanagon, Wiranath, Elejamie, The Almighty Country, Firenation91, Cameronia Excellentia, North Insomnia, Roliganistan, Peatiktist, A Slanted Black Stripe, The Empire of Rijelv, The solar ottomans, Imperial Akatsuki, Adavan, Drunken Seal Islands, Seri Tai Republic, Taurora, Talitoa, Kangarawa, Barfleur, ReeK, Kucia, New Leganes, Trimmania, Tretrid, Enlil, Duracell, Zidium, Bai Lung, and 59 others.La xinga, Kilkire, H-Zhena, Kaigi, Davinhia, Marrabuk, BearStackof2015, Freedom Fascists, Amjedia, Enou, Dahom, Rhealaliit, Kampf Empire, Servants of Gizmo, Grossvietnam, Federated States of Zootron, Ripsylvania, Dragonia, Unger under over, The Soviet Space Commie Union, Sen Jast, Harro Waarudho, United China Nation, HinduRashtr, Aeljae, Joundia, Interdimensional Waifus, Wanabe, Socialist Holy American Empire, Roissyland, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Fellon, Santa Dystopia, FreedomIand, CopyCato, Eastern Alksearia, Great Aztlatan CommonWealth, Argentianworkslasia, Modra, Slys Paws, Greater New Cassandra, Lorrana, Biingus, The Three States of Fortuna, Dravida India, Kavanos, Cellar Doors, Kagorg Bra Corna, The Kulaata Islands, Acronis, Technocratic Tagalog, Spiruvania, Eagle Crest, Pirnovo, Tierra Fuego, Veterans Association, Aquyia, New Era states, and Northern Celavon.