|Leader||Edgar Allan Toad|
The People's Republic of Toaddia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Edgar Allan Toad with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, state-planned economy, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The compassionate, cynical, humorless population of 4.521 billion Toaddians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Law & Order, Administration, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Toad Town. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The all-consuming Toaddian economy, worth 548 trillion Toads a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 121,310 Toads, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service, and sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Toaddia's national animal is the Toad, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Toaddia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Toaddia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, sleep-deprived officials are known to collapse after late night revision for their examinations.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, the national census includes an opt-in to join the government-run dating service.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, children as young as six shock their parents by coming out of the closet.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, sometimes a single pallbearer is all you need.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise.
- : Following new legislation in Toaddia, the seventh son of a seventh son is fated to be a millionaire.
Endorsements Received: 77 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Ahma, Yahlia, Saint Domingo, Death Bat, The Seven Provinces, Irminsulia, Pazano, Dorpz, Troltovia, TF1 TASK FORCE 1, GanymedEuropa, Thracia Republic, The New Nordic Union, Northern German Federation, Kaspinia, Greate San Marino, St Scarlett, South St Maarten, Dark Matter, Feria-Alkaline, Imperium Anglorum, Germany Third Reich, An Clar, Thracia and Crimea, Rouvenor, Soviet Krussia, Amicities, Wombelland, North of Americas, Slavorussia, Cytadela, The Champions League, Regnum Italiae, Jim the Baptist, Supcotia, Novabritannia, Outer Sparta, Slavonia and Srijem, Republic of Satherland, Pilipinas and Malaya, Chioganah, Leranditale, Kenmoria WA Mission, Bahnhofstrasse, Mantcor, Apabeossie, Nardin, Pydrus, Purgatio, and 27 others.Viciebskaja, The Kingdom of Denmark, Soviet Taoistan, The Greater Eastern Republic, Neuchateau, British Norklon, Arsenial, Gingera, The Wretched of this Earth, Alsted, Lovisa, Novo Portugal, Navence, Free Furentenia, WaffleEmpire, Mallesia, Stromia, Walfo, Porury, Shagolaa, The Mongol Plain, Lord Sapre, Enway, Einswenn, Caoripp, Sienkahn, and Elitestland.