The Free Land of Transiberation is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its daily referendums, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The democratic population of 245 million Beranians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Transiberanian economy, worth 7.59 trillion florins a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 30,984 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return, Max Barry is this year's Miss Transiberation, and new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Transiberation's national animal is the moth, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Transiberation was endorsed by The Dominion of Aelitia.
- : Transiberation was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Transiberation was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Transiberation's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Following new legislation in Transiberation, new pilots are regularly reminded that they are more expendable than their planes.
- : Following new legislation in Transiberation, Max Barry is this year's Miss Transiberation.
- : Following new legislation in Transiberation, politicians who vacation in East Lebatuck lose their jobs upon their return.
- : Following new legislation in Transiberation, the poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills.
- : Following new legislation in Transiberation, the government seizes the property of the recently deceased.
- : Transiberation endorsed The Emerald Republic of Kilkire.
Endorsements Received: 28 » Rhealaliit, A Slanted Black Stripe, Fedele, H-Zhena, Davelands, BearStackof2015, Axdel, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, VW53Aland, Wiranath, Hizuru, Todd McCloud, Ravendi, Roissyland, Janoobi Jazair, Abadong, Am Echad, Someseni, Izonno, Tim Stark, Kingdom of Pars, Bachtendekuppen, Aleister, Funkadelia, Kilkire, Abtracnt, The United Neo American Union, and Aelitia.