The Interstellar Empire of Tropical Isles is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Jay Myers with a fair hand, and notable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.638 billion Atlanteans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shadowville. The average income tax rate is 99.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Atlantean economy, worth an astonishing 10,058 trillion Silver Certificates a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an amazing 464,846 Silver Certificates, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals, if you die during a restaurant meal the government will pick up the bill, politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad, and cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tropical Isles's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, cutting-edge missile systems are being retrofitted to twin-prop air force biplanes.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, politicians frequently make unusual poses during speeches in hopes of inspiring the next internet fad.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, if you die during a restaurant meal the government will pick up the bill.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, people with political aspirations study how to make balloon animals.
- : Tropical Isles was endorsed by The Bilge Rat of Bobki.
- : Tropical Isles was endorsed by The Allied States of The First Earth Empire.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, a suspicious number of male students have joined the Ladies' Wrestling League.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, faithful allies are always valued.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, a ban on robots in disguise has transformed the entertainment industry.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, glamping Atlanteans won't sleep in a tent that doesn't include a Jacuzzi.
Endorsements Received: 163 » Sindria, Liberillia, Zogradia, Greg Tucker, Oometz, Numpties, DiscGolfLand, The United Republic of Westend, Fujai, The Undivided, Kisovec, Ashkan, Thessalian, Wickedly evil people, Nevafornia, WyEast, Kittenlicious, Mirchusko, Archonina, Condonohia, Psikuta, Gryphonian Alliance, Comia Noracon, Matism, Westwind, Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, Papercuts and Skittles, Pandaland III, Great Sheriffdom, Marshalia, Cryland, Twisted Duality, Shaktirajya, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Robbinston, Holmani, Orcatortugs, Greynne, Atheist States of Philippines, Ferroia, Granducato Toscana, Coung Komands, Xupqeu, Fumafuma, Pandaland II, Dankinsted, The Fourth Redoubt, United Adaikes, and 113 others.Bigstickistan, Wyndward, Probablynotverygoodistan, Akshireuya, Rubberduckia, Constantinopolisia, Ceden, Marina Nova, Avonna, Eastern Reviler, Sniki, Albyion Kingdom, Squornshelan Remnant States, Dilber, Free Radio States, Libterraria, New Belia, Ingentis Novus, Gastenburg, Redenya, Vlobbania, The Technocratic Ideas, Athrid HullHund, United States of Northern America, Doszidaniya, Western End Them Son, Ubiquistania, Kiensu, Bodusse, Santos-Dominius, Fallgriffin, Glorious Existence, The North American Assembly, Triestine, 3kruimels, Eritasia, Vasilism, Moriari, BoxcarJim, Leukogeras, Ellcrys, Arvladma, Quevilis, Majuria, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Bova Ptaltand, Mathematania, Kalla, Pi Island, San Mazer, Loegries, Resurgence City, Fielure, Iriso, Pastern, The Isle of Burgrass, New Kigali, Einherfell, SBAHJlandia, Gracelantia, The United Tribes of Bantai, Arracrania, Scationtanland, Eskaton, IndyCar Racing, Mediobogdum, Pepinooo, Plankstein, Reklim, Parinan, Nas Crustium, Estriacea, Schlesien-Galizien, Anuubis, Ahssn, Nieubasria, Troodan, Zoran, Inner Paniumati, Baxterra, Carvell, Volkason, Qapaq Suyu, Sniper Slayers, Marisala, Sachilie, Fhaengshia, Irador, Thevinia, Emark, Giovanniland, Isle Royale, Samueliebox, Hamburg Neo, Orson Welles, Sirulinuck, Befiehl, BIteland, Aldesport, Professor Thomas, Av Libertas Vindex, Newfieisland, Yaspica, Dalimbar, Immortea, Point Lobos, Aluminum Oxynitride, Iglot, Nagaraningrad, Recenesia, The First Earth Empire, and Bobki.