The Interstellar Empire of Tropical Isles is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jay Myers with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and daily referendums. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 21.153 billion Atlanteans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shadowville. The average income tax rate is 99.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Atlantean economy, worth a remarkable 9,631 trillion Silver Certificates a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an amazing 455,346 Silver Certificates, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
The mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, cyclists spend more time unlocking their bicycles than they do cycling, Jay Myers can often be seen hanging around playgrounds chatting with the kids, and nano-cats are the current fad sweeping the nation. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Tropical Isles's national animal is the cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, nano-cats are the current fad sweeping the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, Jay Myers can often be seen hanging around playgrounds chatting with the kids.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, cyclists spend more time unlocking their bicycles than they do cycling.
- : Tropical Isles was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, whenever pilots have to bail out the government bails out their company.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, Jay Myers's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Tropical Isles, hedge fund managers are diversifying into herbaceous borders.
Endorsements Received: 167 » Sindria, Liberillia, Zogradia, Greg Tucker, Oometz, Numpties, DiscGolfLand, BIteland, The United Republic of Westend, Fujai, The Undivided, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Kisovec, Ashkan, Thessalian, Wickedly evil people, Nevafornia, WyEast, Kittenlicious, Mirchusko, Archonina, Condonohia, Psikuta, Gryphonian Alliance, Comia Noracon, Matism, Shaqolandia, Dalimbar, Westwind, Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, Papercuts and Skittles, Pandaland III, Great Sheriffdom, Grandi Fiori, Marshalia, Cryland, Twisted Duality, Shaktirajya, Crazy Waters, Sensorland, Robbinston, Holmani, Orcatortugs, Greynne, Atheist States of Philippines, Ferroia, Granducato Toscana, Coung Komands, Recuecn, and 117 others.Xupqeu, Fumafuma, Pandaland II, Dankinsted, The Fourth Redoubt, WaffenBrightonburg, United Adaikes, Saint Philip and Laurence, Bigstickistan, Wyndward, Probablynotverygoodistan, Akshireuya, Rubberduckia, Constantinopolisia, Ceden, Marina Nova, Avonna, Eastern Reviler, Sniki, Albyion Kingdom, Squornshelan Remnant States, Dilber, Free Radio States, Libterraria, New Belia, Ingentis Novus, Rineia, Gastenburg, Redenya, Vlobbania, The Technocratic Ideas, Athrid HullHund, United States of Northern America, Doszidaniya, Western End Them Son, Ubiquistania, Kiensu, Bodusse, Santos-Dominius, Fallgriffin, Glorious Existence, The North American Assembly, Triestine, 3kruimels, Eritasia, Vasilism, Moriari, BoxcarJim, Leukogeras, Kolledeska Islands, Ellcrys, Arvladma, Quevilis, Majuria, Cro Magnon, Big Bad Badger, Fuentana, Bova Ptaltand, Mathematania, Kalla, Pi Island, San Mazer, Loegries, Resurgence City, Fielure, Iriso, The Unified Missourtama States, Pastern, Myr Tariniel, The Isle of Burgrass, New Kigali, Einherfell, SBAHJlandia, Gracelantia, Eiriann, The United Tribes of Bantai, Arracrania, Scationtanland, Eskaton, IndyCar Racing, Av Libertas Vindex, Mediobogdum, Pepinooo, Eienn, Plankstein, New Britance, Reklim, Hiems, Parinan, Nas Crustium, Estriacea, Calingfara, Schlesien-Galizien, Anuubis, Saransh, Ahssn, Nieubasria, Baleholm, Troodan, Rikanhimel, Zoran, Inner Paniumati, Baxterra, Durtoss, The Grandest Empire, Carvell, Volkason, Qapaq Suyu, The Antarctic Empires, Sniper Slayers, Giovanniland, Aluminum Oxynitride, Eleftherios venizelos, Marisala, Sachilie, Fhaengshia, and The Citizens of Victoria.