The Theocracy of Turacedran is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Tas with an iron fist, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, anti-smoking policies, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.499 billion Turacedranians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Somnus. The average income tax rate is 85.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Turacedranian economy, worth 91.8 trillion coins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 61,255 coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties, the government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Turacedran's national animal is the spider, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Turacedran was endorsed by The Queendom of The Unified Missourtama States.
- : Turacedran was endorsed by The Robo Orangugrump of Papercuts and Skittles.
- : Following new legislation in Turacedran, the installation of street lights across remote goat tracks has left citizens bemused.
- : Turacedran was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Turacedran was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Turacedran was endorsed by The Totally A Real Person of Nieubasria.
- : Turacedran was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens and the Top 10% for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Turacedran was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Turacedran was endorsed by The US is stolen Indigenous land of Fujai.
- : Turacedran was endorsed by The Western Card Czar of Giovanniland.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Bran Astor, Bhang Bhang Duc, Pandaland II, Dalimbar, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Cro Magnon, Big Bad Badger, Fuentana, Eiriann, Recuecn, Eienn, Pi Island, Fujai, Nieubasria, Papercuts and Skittles, and The Unified Missourtama States.