The Queendom of Ulvesogullr is a huge, safe nation, ruled by Queen Katie with a fair hand, and notable for its compulsory military service, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 827 million Ulvesogullrians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wolfsden. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ulvesogullrian economy, worth 44.6 trillion tinkles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Soda Sales. Average income is 53,963 tinkles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the nation has an international reputation for compassion, and both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ulvesogullr's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ulvesogullr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Welfare Programs and the Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, both diets and economic output are growing leaner with recent restrictions to free trade.
- : Ulvesogullr was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, the nation has an international reputation for compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down.
- : Ulvesogullr voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Fairness in Collective Bargaining"".
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, many whiskies taste suspiciously like automobile radiators.
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, they say that Ulvesogullrians made a dessert and called it peace.
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, the amount welfare recipients spend on fertilizer has exploded.
- : Following new legislation in Ulvesogullr, surfing lessons include how to ward off sharks.
Endorsements Received: 42 » H-Zhena, Greater New Cassandra, Zukchiva, Oofery, New Leganes, A mean old man, VW53Aland, Pakitsk, Schrebia, Brotherland, Asendavia, Marrabuk, East Malaysia, Evrigenis, Staynes, FreedomIand, Acronis, Tretrid, Dragons Blood, Debluu, The Three States of Fortuna, Mays Austrian Nation, Danelaw Scandinavia, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Axdel, ArenaC, Rabarbarys, Wiranath, Dravida India, Santa Dystopia, Wallenburg, Rainbow Vests, Servants of Gizmo, United Socialist States of Amerika, North Bernia, Eastern Alksearia, BearStackof2015, Modra, Lorrana, Federation Of Columbian Republics, and Republic of Berzerkistan.