|Leader||The Glorious and Noteworthy Radical Cow|
|Faith||The Cult of Timbuktu|
|Currency||radical ideas-styled currency|
The Kingdom of Upper Ellisse is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Glorious and Noteworthy Radical Cow with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 3.438 billion Ellisseans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gratuitous Cheesewheels. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Ellissean economy, worth 493 trillion radical ideas-styled currencies a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 143,446 radical ideas-styled currencies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mollycoddled youths run the country, standing on a chair to reach a top shelf is seen as evidence of narcissistic personality disorder, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky, and one does not simply walk into the tundra. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Upper Ellisse's national animal is the pigeon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Cult of Timbuktu.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, power stations shutting down at night has made bedtime reading tricky.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, standing on a chair to reach a top shelf is seen as evidence of narcissistic personality disorder.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, mollycoddled youths run the country.
- : Upper Ellisse was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, vital intelligence-gathering activities are put on hold as agents return home for seduction training and advanced poker instruction.
- : Upper Ellisse was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, the richest individuals apparently buy nothing but noodles and toilet paper.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
- : Following new legislation in Upper Ellisse, bins outnumber trees in city parks.
Endorsements Received: 60 » VW53Aland, H-Zhena, La xinga, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Axdel, Marrabuk, Rhealaliit, Dragons Blood, Ridann, Am Echad, Wiranath, Tawuse, Zukchiva, Kalaratri, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Todd McCloud, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Tretrid, Rainbow Vests, Staynes, BuciLand, Lingu, A mean old man, East Malaysia, Santa Dystopia, New Leganes, Coruh, Sunsistan, Oofery, Greater New Cassandra, Acronis, Debluu, Republic of New India, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Dravida India, Jove Mahmo, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, Lorrana, Federation Of Columbian Republics, Republic of Berzerkistan, Enlil, LibRight Libertarianism, The Kulaata Islands, Technocratic Tagalog, Fellon, and 10 others.Spiruvania, Blobon, Pirnovo, Saint Richelieu, From New World, Eagle Crest, Tierra Fuego, Aquyia, Veterans Association, and Remonatracy.