|Faith||The Natural Sciences|
The United Communes of Verketa is a colossal, cultured nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ban on automobiles, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.006 billion Verketans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vakt. The average income tax rate is 96.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Verketan economy, worth 963 trillion Vas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 160,390 Vas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters, large sections of Verketa have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there, piracy is the nation's most popular pastime, and "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Verketa's national animal is the Daegar, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Natural Sciences.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Verketa was endorsed by The Phantasmagorial Land-Shrine of Rhealaliit.
- : Verketa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, piracy is the nation's most popular pastime.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, large sections of Verketa have been named national reserves to protect the native tribes living there.
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, the Smalltopian embassy doubles as an electoral campaign headquarters.
- : Verketa was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Verketa, ships no longer sail as no one wants to encounter Verketan pirates.
- : Verketa endorsed The Republic of Sreneck.
- : Verketa was endorsed by The Republic of Sreneck.
Endorsements Received: 107 » H-Zhena, Aelitia, A Slanted Black Stripe, Riveraland, Solestia, Wiranath, Kampf Empire, Ver Norge, Squid Ruinosa, Drunken Seal Islands, ReeK, Bachtendekuppen, Adolanta, Republic of Berzerkistan, The Sacred Whale, The Almighty Country, Blazing Samaritan, Freedom Fascists, Am Echad, The Empire of Rijelv, Federated States of Zootron, Bacon Land, Trimmania, Unified Republic of America, Izonno, New Leganes, Ravendi, Todd McCloud, Ridann, Elejamie, Servants of Gizmo, Kaigi, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Kangarawa, Arkantis, Lanagon, Lyontisia, Dragonia, Wizardonia, Axdel, Danesopia, Unger under over, Danelaw Scandinavia, Soirwren, Tshana, Kyrtizhan, Furnifold, Sansangra, Survivoristan, and 57 others.Davinhia, The Holy Empire of Moronica, Hizuru, Bullpups, Galve, Elkenian, Wanabe, Agonya, The Romanum Legio, Packilvania, Wendelandia, British Calradia, Fedele, YahYahYah, Dpispitir, Roissyland, Aristortia, The Happian Union, Tim Stark, Dreshand, Shavara, Thyaclinia, Areast, Fraxhemark, Merlovich, Davelands, Gorbastan, Neruch, Socialist Holy American Empire, The Angel of Charity, Sicilla, Superior Indonesia, Janoobi Jazair, BearStackof2015, VW53Aland, Someseni, Talitoa, Just Vale 2, Norport, Fantasy Peninsula, Dyonisistan, Tree Egg, Stellar Colonies, Ska Hydorordia, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Justice-Becoming, VoyKovie, Marrico, Kingdom of Pars, Kilkire, Aleister, CheeseBurrito, Funkadelia, Babcocia, The United Neo American Union, Sreneck, and Rhealaliit.