The Commonwealth of Volkason is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its frequent executions, free-roaming dinosaurs, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 418 million Volkasonians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Talongaurd. The average income tax rate is 63.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Volkasonian economy, worth 44.0 trillion Marks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Cheese Exports, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 105,159 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police, throwing garbage out of your house's front window makes it legally someone else's problem, and the Volkasonian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Volkason's national animal is the Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, the Volkasonian delegation to the World Assembly is having a hard time convincing people that international law will "pay for itself somehow...".
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, throwing garbage out of your house's front window makes it legally someone else's problem.
- : Volkason was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Most Pacifist, and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Volkason voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, the law says it's okay to sell a bomb to a terrorist so long as they promise not to detonate it.
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, Leader's recent "I have a dream that we will fight them by raking muck on the beaches" speech seems a little derivative to many.
- : Following new legislation in Volkason, there's a literal nanny state for the legions of children taken by social services.
- : Volkason voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
Endorsements Received: 110 » Wickedly evil people, Mediobogdum, Recuecn, Anuubis, Psikuta, Gryphonian Alliance, Klease, Q The Almighty, Shaqolandia, Arnic, The Unified Missourtama States, Granducato Toscana, Svanland, Westwind, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Ferroia, Atheist States of Philippines, IndyCar Racing, Numpties, Papercuts and Skittles, The United Republic of Westend, Condonohia, Avadon, BoxcarJim, Bran Astor, The Father-Land, Kittenlicious, Thyrall, Pandaland III, Sultanat of Turkistan, United Adaikes, Gastenburg, Fuentana, Mathematania, New Belia, Archonina, Constantinopolisia, The Fourth Redoubt, DiscGolfLand, Liberillia, Holmani, Free Radio States, Common Good, Pandaland II, Twisted Duality, Cryland, Sniper Slayers, Comia Noracon, Formenor, Gemiturkapistan, and 60 others.The United Tribes of Bantai, Acropylae, Marina Nova, Sindria, Oronia, Pi Island, Dreamers for Hope, Triestine, Akshireuya, Vasilism, Eskaton, Quevilis, Divina Patriae, Glorious Existence, Mirchusko, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, The Antarctic Empires, Wyndward, Hiems, Eleftherios venizelos, Barcocoland, Salt Lake Mountain, Champaign, Fallgriffin, Matism, Fumafuma, Bodusse, Fallen Iron Duke, Win Mints, Cro Magnon, Ingentis Novus, Loegries, The North American Assembly, Plankstein, Kisovec, Gracelantia, Mercia Regnum, The Technocratic Ideas, Seanville, Fujai, Lynier, Tropical Isles, Greg Tucker, Democratic Peoples Freedonia, Antahbrantahstan, Desmosthenes and Burke, Athrid HullHund, Paschalia, Grand Republic of the Sun, The Undivided, Western End Them Son, Santos-Dominius, Emark, Giovanniland, KenyaAA, Samueliebox, Dilber, Nieubasria, The Eastern Pennsylvanian State, and Hamburg Neo.