The Federal Republic of Walist is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by 𝐓𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧 with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and feral children. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.019 billion 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗻𝘀 enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of 𝗘𝗮𝘀𝘁𝘄𝗮𝘆. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.0%.
The frighteningly efficient 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗻 economy, worth 634 trillion Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Retail, Gambling, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 126,325 Dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 442,468 per year while the poor average 26,186, a ratio of 16.9 to 1.
Prisoners regularly escape detention posing as scarecrows, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace', vehicular homicide by 𝗪𝗮𝗹𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗮𝗻 ambassadors is a leading cause of death throughout the world's capital cities, and demand for gourmet white truffles is on the rise. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Walist's national animal is the 𝐓𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐫, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝘂𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗺.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Walist's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Walist's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Walist was refounded in Osiris.
- : Walist ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Walist was endorsed by The Presidential Democracy of Vincone Cae.
- : Walist was endorsed by The Republic of Votak Matim.
- : Walist was endorsed by The Federation of Napnomadia.
- : Walist was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Eschatosia.
- : Walist was endorsed by Dechire par la guerre.
- : Walist was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Principia Mathematica.