The People's Republic of Wapl is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Wapl with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 5.225 billion Waplians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wapl City. The average income tax rate is 98.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Waplian economy, worth a remarkable 1,067 trillion Devs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Woodchip Exports. Average income is an amazing 204,343 Devs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Proletariat workers identify less with the hammer and sickle and more with the touchscreen and phone charger, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, and criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wapl's national animal is the ge, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wapl was endorsed by The Golden Delegoose Monarchy of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : Wapl was endorsed by The Kingdom of Espeon LD.
- : Wapl was endorsed by The People's Republic of Lorrana.
- : Wapl endorsed The Glorious Kingdom of North Bernia.
- : Following new legislation in Wapl, criminals and college students are taking an interest in the government's new weed-killing program.
- : Following new legislation in Wapl, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour.
- : Following new legislation in Wapl, doctors prescribe videos of political debates to patients with insomnia.
- : Wapl was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Wapl was endorsed by The Glorious Kingdom of North Bernia.
- : Following new legislation in Wapl, proletariat workers identify less with the hammer and sickle and more with the touchscreen and phone charger.
Endorsements Received: 56 » H-Zhena, Brotherland, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, A mean old man, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Wiranath, Tretrid, East Malaysia, Republic of Berzerkistan, Wisdoms and Knowledges, Evrigenis, Santa Dystopia, Ridann, Zukchiva, Zang0, Riveraland, BuciLand, Ephem, ArenaC, Kalaratri, Federated States of Zootron, Dragons Blood, Greater New Cassandra, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Rainbow Vests, Tawuse, Coruh, Markhor, Sunsistan, Oofery, FreedomIand, Acronis, Debluu, The Three States of Fortuna, EHTYCSCYTHE, Nevertopia, Tassirion, Axdel, Dravida India, Aeoliah, Insi Karai, United Socialist States of Amerika, Wallenburg, Eastern Alksearia, Argentianworkslasia, and 6 others.BearStackof2015, Modra, North Bernia, Lorrana, Espeon LD, and Technocratic Tagalog.