The Free Land of Washiwa is a huge, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 289 million Washiwans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Washiwa City. The average income tax rate is 31.4%.
The strong Washiwan economy, worth 17.6 trillion Luminas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 61,070 Luminas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
There's no such thing as bad publicity, teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects, young criminals are told they'll go to bed without supper if they do it again, and NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Washiwa's national animal is the Eagle, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Washiwa endorsed The Holy Empire of Great Theocracy of the Spaghetti Lord.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, NPCs in MMORPGs regularly interrupt cutscenes with OOC reminders that they aren't real people.
- : Washiwa endorsed The People's Republic of Cossack Sibir.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, young criminals are told they'll go to bed without supper if they do it again.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, there's no such thing as bad publicity.
- : Following new legislation in Washiwa, police officers often conceal their identities to safeguard against public complaints.
- : Washiwa endorsed The Federal Republic of Notricia.
- : Washiwa endorsed The Federal Republic of German European Union.
- : Washiwa endorsed The United Socialist States of Stella Rimor.
Endorsements Received: 94 » Socialist Platypus, Duby, The Free City of Nelson, Balan Bar, Pervincia, Lislandia, Loveable Dogs, Charville, TSSOA, Eastern Starbowie, Tentoria, Ziroxeut, Cle Brait, Holy Boaiggim, Gatorstan, Oktadonia, Sweola, Tolerian Empire, Devonigondwana, Xeorkuothertopia, Liberto-Ancapistan, United States Of Florida, Tarzantos El Camosia, Nibelia, Land of Legacy, StarGaiz, Hubdova, The Capitalist China Party, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Seolia, Primis Tenebris, IENIA, GibmeMoney, Redamia, BadBitchVille, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Stustu, The Psittacines, Kurczak Mielony, Ruotsaland, Kalanu, Aelandi, Nueva Rico, Litorauria, Nova Briton, Cyzixraqab, Rabbit of the Rock, Doggonia and Pupponia, Traeharn, Aether Inc, and 44 others.The Soothouse, Saint Killebrew, Adka, Deblar, Dyrland, Mantanzas, Aerospace And Freedom, Thoefonia, Galliadurm, Nietszcha, Werstonal, The Wyoming Order, Vivenxistan, Cadiona, Sidrun, Soviet Socialist Romania, New Galigopub, Zealaria, The Diplomatic Templar, North Freedomstan, Nordharz, MacDonald Clan, Sircenia, New Anschluss, Mesarcalonia, Her Majesty Silver Garden, El Blurkistan, Sameran, Suoni, Wakaru, Hockeyyekcoh, Mansaf, Kadyotan, Free Azell, Eudaschia, AusValia, Azaman, Hesskin Empire, Rex Omnia, Kursibar, Ropen, Ciapore, Powel Agreme, and Albertton.