The Democratic Republic of Werglum is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Ann ODam with a fair hand, and notable for its ban on automobiles, anti-smoking policies, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.63 billion Werglumians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Syrenead. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Werglumian economy, worth 280 trillion Dracips a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 106,791 Dracips, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Life is short but human kindness is endless, foreign investment has dropped to a trickle after laws were passed preventing investors from taking their earnings abroad, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants, and shirts-versus-skins games are now skins-versus-skins games. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Werglum's national animal is the Airedale Terrier, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Werglum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Werglum voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting People with Disabilities".
- : Following new legislation in Werglum, shirts-versus-skins games are now skins-versus-skins games.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The People's Republic of Lorrana.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Federation of Federation Of Columbian Republics.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The I Endorsed Zukchiva Have You of Modra.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Shadow of Eastern Alksearia.
- : Werglum was endorsed by The Glorious Kingdom of North Bernia.
- : Werglum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Werglum, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Marrabuk, VW53Aland, H-Zhena, Am Echad, Ridann, East Malaysia, BearStackof2015, Brotherland, Squid Ruinosa, Wiranath, Republic of Berzerkistan, Evrigenis, Rainbow Vests, Zukchiva, Pakitsk, Asendavia, Tretrid, Axdel, Dragons Blood, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Greater New Cassandra, Staynes, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Stellar Colonies, Ephem, Yelkinam, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Coruh, Sunsistan, Oofery, FreedomIand, Acronis, Debluu, Nevertopia, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, ArenaC, Cacnesia, Dravida India, Aeoliah, Insi Karai, North Bernia, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, and 2 others.Federation Of Columbian Republics, and Lorrana.