|Leader||Grand Duke Kyon II|
The Grand Duchy of West Nagato is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Grand Duke Kyon II with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working population of 852 million Nagatoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Greenwood. The average income tax rate is 58.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Nagatoan economy, worth 93.4 trillion Nagatoan Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 109,575 Nagatoan Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People are bored of easy crossword puzzles, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room, sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon, and polite commuters on the Greenwood Metro always let hurried workers off the train first. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. West Nagato's national animal is the Calico Cat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : West Nagato voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Pedagogical Freedom".
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, polite commuters on the Greenwood Metro always let hurried workers off the train first.
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, sofas are perpetually on sales that Must End Soon.
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, male cubicle workers stand up every time a woman enters the room.
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, people are bored of easy crossword puzzles.
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : West Nagato voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : West Nagato was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Valuable International Artwork.
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, mournful opera fans place bouquets of roses at a 3000 capacity parking lot.
- : Following new legislation in West Nagato, an alabaster statue of an ancient cat-deity takes pride of place in the centre of Greenwood.
Endorsements Received: 57 » A mean old man, Asendavia, Liberstankonia, Axdel, Dragons Blood, H-Zhena, Todd McCloud, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Brotherland, The Militarius Imperium, Wiranath, Libertanny, New Leganes, Lingu, East Malaysia, The Three States of Fortuna, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Staynes, Evrigenis, Bynzich, Isanastivia, Mays Austrian Nation, Pakitsk, Rainbow Vests, Raunch, Talitoa, Rohanland, Greater New Cassandra, Sovietsoyuz, Euricanis, Goodnamesarerare, Republic of Berzerkistan, Fellon, La xinga, Osterreich und Ungarn, Kampf Empire, Dreamersistan, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Plazland, BearStackof2015, The Solar Ottomans, Nevertopia, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Blobbo, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, and 7 others.Volinovia, Modra, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Oofery, Horn of Havenkaap, Castle Federation, and Yelkinam.