The Grand Duchy of Wimborne is a huge, socially progressive nation, renowned for its smutty television, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 251 million Wimborners enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 46.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Wimbornesque economy, worth 15.6 trillion Dolans a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 61,986 Dolans, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
People can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler', tourists outnumber citizens two to one, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours, and dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Wimborne's national animal is the armadillo, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Wimborne was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, dubiously qualified Skandilundian barristers keep referring to laws as 'government guidelines'.
- : Wimborne was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "New York Times Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- : Wimborne endorsed The Kingdom of Angshire.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, tourists outnumber citizens two to one.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, people can't decide between preserving forests and buying print copies of 'Dogman Versus The Giggler'.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, the new foreign policy is "why bother invading neighbours when they can be bought wholesale?".
- : Wimborne was endorsed by The Kingdom of Angshire.
- : Following new legislation in Wimborne, politicians have seen a significant reduction in followers on their social media accounts.
Endorsements Received: 95 » Siwale, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Alunya, Shin-Hachioji, El Fiji Grande, Loutsland, Ethnon, Great Bights Mum, Sundred, PlanetPunk, Dreadton, Daiz, Dar es Saalam, Trillius, North Bratislava, Corfad, Koda-Land, Guer Aike, Cuyan, Shibutani, Sinelona, Runeda, Federation Terra Australis, Sockmanland, Bearical, Omnistria, Shadowrik, Territorio di Nessuno, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kwaj, Selfgradatude, Xzavia-Hjar, Grimandia, Duerrlewang, Wineclaw, Zumlandia, New Octicarg, General COE, Holy Oranz, Jasminlandia, The Tampa Bay Rays, Makersaulache, Steampunk Ariel, Notyoutopia, Frie Annium, 1 very fast endotarter, Great Javadwipa, Sea Ghost, Glurponia, and 45 others.New Bremerton, Pallaith, Abject Ludicrosity, McMasterdonia, Spartoptia, Frances Francis the First of France, Orven, Guslantis, The Stratosphere Islands, Great Robertia, Juggernautilus, Destructive Government Endorsing System, Test for a new hope, Sil Dorsett, Sheldanada, Black Templares, Sunto, Kasazzastan, Aratani, Ponantine, Maott, Racoda, Nakayo, Pasargad, Newpromisedland, Wisconsota, Gnomewatchers, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Amauri, Potestasia, Kaschovia, Moubarakistan, The Pantheons, Francois Isidore, Solskjar, Eteles, Pleroma Sans Romans, Wilkshire, Clan Spaniel, Viridiann, Darcania, Gorundu, Xentherida, United Western Federation, and Angshire.