|Leader||The Monarch Elect|
|Animal||wild Prince Charles|
The Elected Monarchy of World Trade is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Monarch Elect with an iron fist, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies, unlimited-speed roads, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.588 billion World Tradians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Elizabeth. The average income tax rate is 78.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient World Tradean economy, worth 699 trillion Crypto-pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 194,827 Crypto-pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
Pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves, the military invades any neighboring nation with the gall to criticize its policies, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists, and government popup ads are springing up like weeds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. World Trade's national animal is the wild Prince Charles, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, government popup ads are springing up like weeds.
- : World Trade withdrew its endorsement from The Principality of Xernon.
- : World Trade voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists.
- : World Trade was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments and the Top 10% for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, the military invades any neighboring nation with the gall to criticize its policies.
- : World Trade lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, pre-takeoff checks last longer than the flights themselves.
- : Following new legislation in World Trade, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.
- : World Trade was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Andusre, Titanne, ASEAN Nations, Islonia, Fishergate, Xernon, Celdoria, Lemonadia, Brototh, Theronin, Giant Redwoods, Uppenja, Broustan, Marvinville, Wagadoa, Cerdenia, East Terentopia, Terentiland, Behniastan, Zanaana, The Bigtopia, Saariset, Ermica, Saint Alban Islands, Flandronia, New Deepayantendoland, Stanlaren, The Greater Ohio Valley, Pioneer People, and Hydra dragon.