The Empire of Yaguo is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Empress Ayxie with an even hand, and notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, complete lack of prisons, and unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed population of 2.456 billion Asians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government prioritizes Education, although Industry, Environment, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shanghai. The average income tax rate is 31.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Asian economy, worth 325 trillion Yuan a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 132,350 Yuan, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is automatically assumed to be the source of all unmarked weapons, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father, and etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully'. Crime is totally unknown. Yaguo's national animal is the Sky Dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Confucianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yaguo voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On Tobacco and Electronic Cigarettes".
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, etiquette guides advise visitors to 'grovel gracefully'.
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Yaguo was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Germansberg.
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, the nation is automatically assumed to be the source of all unmarked weapons.
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, citizens are encouraged to report friends, family members or co-workers who seem depressed to the government for "counselling".
- : Yaguo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- : Following new legislation in Yaguo, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
Endorsements Received: 58 » Am Echad, Euricanis, Galve, Todd McCloud, A Slanted Black Stripe, Aelitia, Aeneas Prime, Pendragonania, Ye Olde Country of Yore, Razathay, ReeK, Roissyland, H-Zhena, Adavan, Wendelandia, Airrajul, Kangarawa, Republic of Monarchists, Riveraland, Mirasiro, The Romanum Legio, Socialist Holy American Empire, Wiranath, The Sacred Whale, Bachtendekuppen, Mastariere, Fedele, Nysa Arcadia, Kosanx, Ver Norge, Someseni, Ravendi, Dark Edgyness, Boal Pey Sovelogland, Aristortia, Kervewth, The Shorter Union, Squid Ruinosa, Bons Boofer, The Happian Union, Midwestern States of USA, Tim Stark, Thyaclinia, Davelands, Axdel, Rhealaliit, Yumaka, Eastern Hyront Scasssen, Lundree Nikia Islands, Brotherland, and 8 others.Hizuru, The Angel of Charity, Neruch, Indovinesia, Ridann, Shinnokawa, Talitoa, and Germansberg.