The Red Tape Singularity of Yegla Islands is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Dmitri Rasputin with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, cheerful population of 10.094 billion Yeglans enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The enormous, corrupt, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chernograd. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Yeglan economy, worth a remarkable 2,523 trillion Yegels a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 250,040 Yegels, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
A degree of self-hatred is vital for a future in politics, too many developers spoil the codebase, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yegla Islands's national animal is the Vampire Squid, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yegla Islands was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Food Quality and Most Patriotic.
- : Following new legislation in Yegla Islands, public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers.
- : Following new legislation in Yegla Islands, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Yegla Islands, too many developers spoil the codebase.
- : Following new legislation in Yegla Islands, a degree of self-hatred is vital for a future in politics.
- : Yegla Islands changed its national motto to "Here we go again.".
- : Yegla Islands altered its national flag.
- : Yegla Islands published "An Introduction" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Yegla Islands published "yegla.gov/repository-hub" (Account: Other).
- : Yegla Islands was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.