|Leader||A Cool Guy|
The Commonwealth of Yelkinam is a massive, safe nation, ruled by A Cool Guy with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 1.525 billion Yelkinamians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arcania. The average income tax rate is 66.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Yelkinamian economy, worth 159 trillion Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 104,284 Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.9 times as much as the poorest.
The law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it, rundown towns are frequently sold to billionaires for their pet projects, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others, and most barbers are also surgeons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yelkinam's national animal is the Badger, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, most barbers are also surgeons.
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, prolonged government investigations are a common revenge tactic among spurned significant others.
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, rundown towns are frequently sold to billionaires for their pet projects.
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, the law is more interested in punishing crime than preventing it.
- : Yelkinam was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Yelkinam was endorsed by The Honorable Weltreich of Azureano.
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, politicians accepting drinks in bars are executed for taking bribes.
- : Yelkinam was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, vacationers and business travelers are often warned that they may lose the right to vote if they spend too much time overseas.
- : Following new legislation in Yelkinam, bris parties are all the rage.
Endorsements Received: 103 » Brotherland, The Death Syndicate, Todd McCloud, Pakitsk, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, H-Zhena, Evrigenis, Wiranath, Talitoa, VW53Aland, Eagas, Roliganistan, A Slanted Black Stripe, Lanagon, Republic of Berzerkistan, Rainbow Vests, Tshana, La xinga, Axdel, Ridann, Endertopias, Euricanis, Kilkire, Under Sea Desert, Slys Paws, Zukchiva, Asendavia, Bytes, Dragons Blood, Libertanny, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, Rage Mage, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, The Earth Systems Alliance, A mean old man, BuciLand, Mays Austrian Nation, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Technocratic Tagalog, Ephem, New Maiya, Eastern Hyront Scassen, Elejamie, Wizardonia, Cameronia Excellentia, Grossvietnam, and 53 others.Wynberg, Volinovia, Isanastivia, Serkin, Greater New Cassandra, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, ReReReRepublic, Merlovich, West Akhzaristan, Azakhuland, Rokaku, Horn of Havenkaap, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Socialist Holy American Empire, Broengtopia, New Leganes, Am Echad, Castle Federation, Felsinki, Dratava, The Almighty Country, Aeljae, Kangarawa, Riveraland, Biggstonia, St Guilders Gate, Blobbo, New Bradenia Ghost, Servants of Gizmo, Drunken Seal Islands, Federated States of Zootron, New Liberitad, Headpat Central, Kucia, Freedom Fascists, Holy Alasia Orozen, Adolanta, Goodnamesarerare, Amjedia, Kyrtizhan, Amabilis, Kagorg Bra Corna, Staynes, Roissyland, Forro Islands, Acronis, Quebec-and-Maritimes, Coruh, Markhor, Oofery, Republic of New India, Enlil, and Azureano.