The Armed Republic of Yuritoria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Rika Yamashita with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, free-roaming dinosaurs, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 1.78 billion Yuritorians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Healthcare, and Administration also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kamihama. The average income tax rate is 57.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Yuritorian economy, worth 220 trillion yurimarks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 123,622 yurimarks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace', the nation frequently scolds its subject territories for staying up past bedtime, and it's not only teenagers who mess around with fake IDs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yuritoria's national animal is the cat, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yuritoria was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Yuritoria was endorsed by The People's Republic of Lorrana.
- : Yuritoria was endorsed by The Wayside of BearStackof2015.
- : Yuritoria was endorsed by The Shadow of Eastern Alksearia.
- : Yuritoria was endorsed by The Glorious Kingdom of North Bernia.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, it's not only teenagers who mess around with fake IDs.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, the nation frequently scolds its subject territories for staying up past bedtime.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, the leading national news source is 'my cousin Billy-Bob on MyFace'.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, internet service is too costly for normal people to purchase.
- : Following new legislation in Yuritoria, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
Endorsements Received: 43 » German South-East Africa, Marrabuk, Brotherland, VW53Aland, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Zukchiva, H-Zhena, Lingu, Tretrid, Asendavia, The Three States of Fortuna, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Rainbow Vests, The Eternal Land of Jong, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Evrigenis, Our Gods, A mean old man, BuciLand, Santa Dystopia, Ephem, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, Tawuse, Coruh, Oofery, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, Acronis, Debluu, EHTYCSCYTHE, Tassirion, Axdel, Biingus, Dravida India, Aeoliah, Insi Karai, North Bernia, Eastern Alksearia, BearStackof2015, and Lorrana.