The Community of Zentrumn is a large, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. The quiet, industrious population of 91 million Zentrumnists have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 35.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Zentrumnian economy, worth 3.57 trillion Negative Values a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Pizza Delivery, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,276 Negative Values, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
The roar of the Niagara 3000 mega-loo can be heard several blocks away and subsidisation of Big Pharma has stopped many corporate executives from having to sell their second homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zentrumn's national animal is the Negative Organism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zentrumn's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Zentrumn's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Zentrumn was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive and the Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Zentrumn altered its national flag.
- : Zentrumn published "Disclaimer" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Zentrumn published "Pro And Against" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Zentrumn published "Why Is Zentrumn?" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in Zentrumn, subsidisation of Big Pharma has stopped many corporate executives from having to sell their second homes.
- : Zentrumn was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Zentrumn, the roar of the Niagara 3000 mega-loo can be heard several blocks away.