|Leader||President Marie-Anne Rutledge|
The United States of Zygoltiana is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by President Marie-Anne Rutledge with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The democratic, devout population of 6.562 billion Zygoltianese enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Charlotte. The average income tax rate is 60.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Zygoltianese economy, worth 752 trillion Grandeta Dollars a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 114,599 Grandeta Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Trust-fund babies line up for places in community college, the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework, the inside lane of every highway is for parked vehicles only, and parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Zygoltiana's national animal is the Lion Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Zygoltiana was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.
- : Zygoltiana agreed to construct embassies between Ultorbis and Fredonia.
- : Zygoltiana's influence in Ultorbis fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Following new legislation in Zygoltiana, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.
- : Zygoltiana's influence in Ultorbis fell from "Dominator" to "Superpower".
- : Zygoltiana's influence in Ultorbis fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Zygoltiana agreed to construct embassies between Ultorbis and The Embassy.
- : Zygoltiana's influence in Ultorbis rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Zygoltiana added the tag "Role Player" to Ultorbis.
- : Zygoltiana added the tag "Independent" to Ultorbis.
Endorsements Received: None.