by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Anteria Board

Search

Search

[+] Advanced...

Author:

Region:

Sort:

«12. . .647648649650651652653. . .684685»

Whamt wrote:help
The government of whamt is asking for assistance in fighting its potato famine. Any and all support is welcome. If any nation has food that it can sell ask that they inform us of it so that we may purchase it. This is a famine, almost 500,000 people have already died. We need help.

Neferheim's wish to help Whamt:-

The Democratic Republic of Neferheim agrees to help the Government of Whamt in the face of this famine and is willing to provide 250K tons of potatoes for just over 35M ACU.

The Battle of Shednu breaks records in modern casualties as both sides fight desperately for the ancient city!

The Pharaoh’s human wave tactics have finally succeeded at breaking the democratic front lines, but the fight isn’t over yet. As the quickly destabilizing trench warfare reminiscent of a century before kills tens of thousands of men, the city is being reduced to rubble, just as Saka was. Buildings older than recorded history crumble within seconds, but thanks to IGP efforts, civilian casualties are surprisingly low.

Nevertheless, as fighting reaches urban areas, hand to hand combat has become commonplace. The ceremonial Khopesh given to Dynastic soldiers have given them a noticeable advantage in this barbaric warfare, but not to be outdone, the Republic has deployed hundreds of cars strapped with explosives with “participants” driving to charge into enemy lines and detonate. Hebenu has also resorted to psychological warfare, stringing up gutted democratic soldiers around the city to destroy enemy morale.

Most notably, however, is the presence of Pharaoh Neferkhet himself in the fighting. Stories from the front lines tell of him leading the charges, either bravely or idiotically depending on perspective. As of yet, he remains somehow unharmed, with reports even suggesting that some Shashotep soldiers refused to fire at him due to his religious importance.

(Whamt and Junterland, is it alright if we discuss some details on discord so I can better understand your involvement? Thanks!)

Neferheim wrote:Neferheim's wish to help Whamt:-

The Democratic Republic of Neferheim agrees to help the Government of Whamt in the face of this famine and is willing to provide 250K tons of potatoes for just over 35M ACU.

Whamt thanks you for your help.

Pre-Election Drama
Polderian politics have seen an upset as many representatives have resigned from the Labour, Liberal Democrat, and Christian Democrat parties and organized into a new party, the Polder First Party. While the Christian Democrats were set to gain seats, that position is now dubious as the party remains fractured.
With two weeks to elections, all parties are frantically scrambling to prevent further fracturing in the establishment.

Mirae Newsline - July 30, 2020

Ministry of Energy Partners with Neferheim to Build Geothermal Plants

SOYANG - The Ministry of Energy has signed a 30-year partnership with Neferhim and NeferElectrics to help jointly develop and construct geothermal power plants in Neferheim. The first plant is planned to have output of 1,000 KW and expected to be in operation by 2022 or 2023. With a projected cost of 400 million ACU for surveying, drilling, and construction, the plant will help alleviate the power issues affecting rural areas. Neferheim currently has a power deficit of 5,500 KW with approximately 80 rural villages and towns - a total population of 13 million - experiencing regular power interruptions. Options for up to 8 additional power plants to cover the remaining deficit are available for discussion between the involved parties.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aircraft Narrowly Avoid Colliding at Ilhan Airport

ILHAN - Two aircraft nearly collided at Ilhan International Airport in what could’ve been the worst aviation accident in Miraean history. Eastair flight EX 3092 bound for Kangson was carrying 136 passengers when it missed ATC instructions to hold short of runway 34R. As the Eastair plane turned onto the runway, Miraean Airways flight 207 from Soyang, on its final approach, was instructed by ATC to execute a go-around. As the Miraean Airways flight prepared to abandon their approach, it continued to descend before regaining lift right before passing over the Eastair jet. According to security camera footage, the Miraean Airways plane missed the tail of the Eastair plane by merely 30 feet. The incident is currently under investigation by the Ministry of Transportation.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Electric Vehicle Ownership rises 230% in First Half of 2020

SOYANG - A total of 97,348 new electric vehicles were sold in Mirae in the first 2 quarters of 2020, marking a 230% rise compared to total electric vehicle sales in 2019. The massive increase can be attributed to both government and private companies’ campaigns to promote environmental protection as a national responsibility. “These statistics are encouraging, but we still have a lot of work to do. As sales of electric cars increase, manufacturers will need to overhaul their production lines while the government must address the needs brought about by the shift to electric vehicles,” says Varza Motors CEO Jindae Lee. There are approximately 9 million electric vehicles registered with the National Transportation Registry Office. By comparison, there are over 50 million private and public vehicles still relying on petrol.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
City Government Criticized for Neglecting Homeless Shelter

DAEYANG - Citizens have petitioned Hanseok Son, the mayor of Daeyang, to improve conditions at a local homeless shelter. According to workers and residents at the New Hope Shelter, the monthly budget allocated to them is not enough to cover most cleaning and maintenance needs, leading to broken equipment and unsanitary conditions. Even with donations from the local community, the shelter still faces many problems. “The other night, one of the bunk beds collapsed. Thankfully, nobody was hurt. We haven’t been able to replace them yet,” says Dayeon Park, a full-time worker. “The heating is also broken in some rooms, so we need to ask people to sleep in the kitchen or dining hall. These folks came from outside so they have a warm, safe place to stay. I’m disappointed that we’re unable to do the best we can for them.”

Fra must

How do I get my own flag?

Fra must wrote:How do I get my own flag?

DM me on discord @Jinkies#8008 and I can get you one, if you like :)

Fra must

As the W.S. Kraken set sail and Henry Breisacher looked back at the whatish port gris he thought of the adventures he would have in khemmi, the thrill of battle and firing his assault rifle. Although he looked like he could be in his mid 20's, he had only just turned 18. He also was fairly tall at 6'2" and with a thin face from the famine it made sense why he looked older than he was. He was knocked of his daydream though when his friend, Bill, put his hand on Henry's shoulder, he asked Henry if he had made sure there was no sand in his gun. He asked this because these where the same guns they had used in basic training, the last training course they had gone through was on the beach or port gris. Henry remembered his gun getting jammed at the end with sand and him having to clean it while running the course shooting targets. Henry laughed, but subtly checked it there was any sand he missed.

Whamt wrote:help
The government of whamt is asking for assistance in fighting its potato famine. Any and all support is welcome. If any nation has food that it can sell ask that they inform us of it so that we may purchase it. This is a famine, almost 500,000 people have already died. We need help.

Senatorial Building in Jehran, Iskamiya
2000 Hours, 7/30/2020
Meeting of the 24th Congress

Hamid al-Din Majrashi stood in front of the rows of seat, each holding a delegate elected to represent the Republican minds and duties of their constituents from across the various states of Iskamiya. Each held their own concerns, each wanted nothing more than reelection and this next issue would temper not only Hamid's patience but the patience of every man and woman in this room. This issue to be opened on the floor of debate for today was of course, sending aid to the Socialist nation of Whamt. Socialism was never a broadly excepted idea across greater Iskamiya, mainly being seen as tribalistic and inferior to city goers and those in the west of the country. However, the tribal eastern peoples and their representatives did actively participate and identify with democratic socialist ideals within their own communities, not at large. Their vote would be interesting. Finally, he struck a gavel against the large mahogany desk he sat behind.

"Speaker of the House, Hamid al-Din Majrashi representing the most excellent Sultan, now opens for the commencement of debate on the topic of aid to the country of Whamt. While little is known of this isolationist, fledgling nation, what we do have are irrefutable facts: They are self proclaimed socialists,"

There was a disheartening murmur of annoyance amongst the delegates. Hamid let this die down before continuing on.

"And they are also suffering a famine of epic proportions in which their own government cannot respond. The statutes of limitations set on this debate will only pertain to the welfare of their citizens and the support of said citizens until the famine is manageable by the government of Whamt. I understand that the supporters of helping the Whamtians will be going first. Senator Mahdi Azari leading his coalition of supporters will go first. Senator Azari, you have the floor."

He stood up and began to speak.

And so a back and forth lasted for two grueling hours until the first session came to a close. They resumed the next day at 0800 sharp. They closed again at 2200 hours. The sides battled relentlessly for their views for another two days before a decision was settled upon. The Iskamiyan government, if approved by the crown, the aid package would include eight billion Denairs to aid in relief, as well as another 10 million Denairs in aid via food stuffs to be shipped and distributed.

Fra must

Polder Eiland wrote:DM me on discord @Jinkies#8008 and I can get you one, if you like :)

Okay

Iskamiya wrote:Senatorial Building in Jehran, Iskamiya
2000 Hours, 7/30/2020
Meeting of the 24th Congress

Hamid al-Din Majrashi stood in front of the rows of seat, each holding a delegate elected to represent the Republican minds and duties of their constituents from across the various states of Iskamiya. Each held their own concerns, each wanted nothing more than reelection and this next issue would temper not only Hamid's patience but the patience of every man and woman in this room. This issue to be opened on the floor of debate for today was of course, sending aid to the Socialist nation of Whamt. Socialism was never a broadly excepted idea across greater Iskamiya, mainly being seen as tribalistic and inferior to city goers and those in the west of the country. However, the tribal eastern peoples and their representatives did actively participate and identify with democratic socialist ideals within their own communities, not at large. Their vote would be interesting. Finally, he struck a gavel against the large mahogany desk he sat behind.

"Speaker of the House, Hamid al-Din Majrashi representing the most excellent Sultan, now opens for the commencement of debate on the topic of aid to the country of Whamt. While little is known of this isolationist, fledgling nation, what we do have are irrefutable facts: They are self proclaimed socialists,"

There was a disheartening murmur of annoyance amongst the delegates. Hamid let this die down before continuing on.

"And they are also suffering a famine of epic proportions in which their own government cannot respond. The statutes of limitations set on this debate will only pertain to the welfare of their citizens and the support of said citizens until the famine is manageable by the government of Whamt. I understand that the supporters of helping the Whamtians will be going first. Senator Mahdi Azari leading his coalition of supporters will go first. Senator Azari, you have the floor."

He stood up and began to speak.

And so a back and forth lasted for two grueling hours until the first session came to a close. They resumed the next day at 0800 sharp. They closed again at 2200 hours. The sides battled relentlessly for their views for another two days before a decision was settled upon. The Iskamiyan government, if approved by the crown, the aid package would include eight billion Denairs to aid in relief, as well as another 10 million Denairs in aid via food stuffs to be shipped and distributed.

Whamt thanks you for your consideration of sending aid. Although we know many in your country do not approve of socialism I urge you to think of the people of whamt, if we receive no aid it is estimated that in the end nearly 1 million people will be left dead, nearly an eighth of our population. To save my people I will formally agree to repay all and went if that is what it takes.

Atrocities Unnumbered

Shednu, Khemmi
1st Royal Armoured

The fierce fighting in Shednu went from the near-stalemate of trenches to the rapid bloodshed of urban, street-to-street fighting as one side resorts to human wave tactics. With the vast majority of civilians evacuated, most of the 1st Armoured has retreated to positions at which they can observe the fighting, without interfering. As the carbombs went off and the bodies were displayed, they watched, sat on their hands. Technically, they were fulfilling their mission; the civilian population was safely housed in a nearby refugee camp, which the 11th had gotten to fortifying over the past few days, but many were discontent to simply watch the bloodshed. However, every Lethian soldier generally agreed; they wanted to do something, but no one could tell which side was worse than the other.

At least the deadlock was over...?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sairsint Collins
1st Royal Armoured
'Whiskey' Squad

Observing from a nearby hilltop with the rest of his squad, Collins kept his eyes down the binoculars. The chatter of his men relaxing, and the sharp smell of burning tobacco, were the only things that pierced the scorching heat of the desert sun. Even under the temporary coverings of a canvas, the heat out here was worse than the fighting down there; as most of his men agreed. Collins was content to let them chatter; after the gas attack of a few days ago, they needed a break. The occasional, distant explosion as a car-bomb detonated, and the near-constant sounds of distant small arms were the only sounds coming from the city.

That was, of course, until the unfamiliar scream of aircraft overhead. Collins was all but certain most of the air forces of either side had been annihilated in dogfights over the town of Saka. What the hell could be making that noise. Most of his troops did the same, some nervously clutching their rifles. Had a foreign power intervened? Had a foreign power invaded? Would the IGP have to act if that were the case? Questions raced, as the bombs fell on outposts on the city limits. Outposts on both sides.

That can't be right. He radio's forwards to command.

"Sentinel Actual, this is Whiskey-1, was an airstrike ordered over...?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coirnéal Ryan Muldowney,
1st Armoured
Outpost Gaineamh

Muldowney had recieved the same report from a dozen different squadrons, in a dozen different positions. Bombings by unknown airplanes, targetting both sides of the conflict. What the hell was going on? Command was shuffling its feet on an answer, but eventually it arrived.

"Sentinel Actual, this is Central, we can confirm a bombing run scheduled by our Gadorien allies...Stand down all forces."

"Bloody typical." Came the words of a Captaen behind him. "They don't tell us our own damn allies are going on a bombing run? What were they expecting us to do, throw a nice big party? Njordr above..." Though the men in the command tent were less vocal, all were in general agreement that, perhaps, the lines of communication were imperfect.

Whamt wrote:help
The government of whamt is asking for assistance in fighting its potato famine. Any and all support is welcome. If any nation has food that it can sell ask that they inform us of it so that we may purchase it. This is a famine, almost 500,000 people have already died. We need help.

Emergency Aid Debate stalls in Landsmeet

Despite the dire situation on Whamt and the clear need for international aid, a coalition of Pan-Ilanean, Nationalist, and Isolationists have clogged an emergency famine aid bill in the Landsmeet. This was met with general frustration from the other alliances that had sought to pass the bill into law swiftly, and the political deadlock is unlikely to see an end as fierce rhetoric from both sides of the debate leaves defection unlikely.

Bak Peacekeepers Report

As the Battle of Shednu rages in Khemmi, Bak Peacekeepers for IGP have been given orders to evacuate civilians and hospital amidst the war zone. Peacekeepers have begun to move in around the outskirts of the city, evacuating and getting to safety civilians that were on the outskirts' villages. Bak peacekeepers have been ordered to be cautionary, since reports of Republican Suicide Bombers are coming in. They are the closest to the frontlines.

As part of the Whamt Relief Aid Act [WRAA, S.R. 1276] which the Sultan has now signed the act into existence, Iskamiya is sending prepackaged meals to the country of Whamt as well as financial aid and agricultural advisors to the country. In addition to S.R. 1276, the preceding S.R. 1277 was signed into execution, finalizing membership into the Initiative for Global Peace. As part of this bill, the Sultan is drawing the 1st Infantry Division's 1st Armored Combat Brigade Unit.

Forces will include the 1st Battalion of the 2nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion of the 4th Infantry Regiment, 3rd Battalion of the 4th Infantry Regiment, the 1st Squad of the 9th Cavalry Regiment, the 1st Battalion of the 7th Armored Regiment, 1st Brigade Engineers, 1st battery of the 5th Artillery Regiment, the 17th Support Battalion, 1st Air Defense Artillery Battery of the 1st Air Defense Regiment, the 1st (Attack) Battalion, 2nd (Attack) Battalion, 3rd (Support) and Fourth (Support) Battalion of the 1st Aviation Regiment

Plattinian Peacekeeping Forces arrive in Khemmi

As the opposing forces of Hebenu and Shashotep clash in Shendu, the Plattinian Peacekeeping forces have finally arrived in Khemmi, these are comprised of the:

- 1st Yama duguþ "Suijin"
- 2nd Yama duguþ "Ryujin"
- 1st Amako duguþ "Hashi"
- 3rd Fultumian duguþ "Sunna"
- 4th Fultumian duguþ "Auðumbla"

These three Nipponese infantry regiments and two Germanic Support regiments are already on their way to Shednu, where other IGP forces have already taken care of the safe evacuation of the local civilian population, the Plattine regiments will then join the other Peacekeeping forces and deploy wherever help is needed in order to protect the civilians from the hostilities between the Monarchy of Semerkhet and the progressive Republic.

Today a new party has been made in deostans capital building this nation is called the nationalist party which are good friends with the republican which are also conservative with this new party the legistration seats look a lot different

Vescarium to Join NADA

Vescarium has officially announced today that it will be joining the North Anterian Defense Alliance, otherwise known as NADA. The prime reason for this was, as Chancellor Nersyis has stated in a speech earlier today, "To allow for a much more flexible Vescarian foreign policy without worrying about the nation's relatively small military." Despite this development, there have not yet been any reports of the so-called "offensive" against the Syndicalist Red Guard in the country. Though, the Chancellor promised, there will be action taken by the end of the day. And, as much as such a diplomatic shift is large, the population seems more intent to see word of conflicts at home.

Pacifist Demonstrations in Wicht Intensify

For the last few days, ongoing demonstrations at the capital to protest Bakyern's latest nuclear test have been taking place. Reports of clashes between riot control and hippies have been reported, with objects being thrown at officers. Riot Control have classified the demonstration a 'riot', giving them to use excessive force and water cannons. Images have begun to spring up on social media of police brutality, including riot control stepping on demonstrator's bodies.

The Federal Government has made no response so far, with only the police dealing with the situation. Although, reports of Federal Guard riot control units have begun to surface up as nuclear power plants begin to receive riot police and Federal Guard troopers to prepare.

New Sebronia denounces the bakyernian police for the excessive brutality used in the "riots"

After the brutal clashes between the Bakyernian police and protesters, New Sebronia has denounced the partly unnecessary excessive savagery of the police against some mostly helpless protesters.

"You expect more from such a progressive nation, especially from a republic. This is just inappropriate in the highest regards by the police. We hope the victims of this ruthlessness are doing well, you flinch when you see these unsightly pictures", said a federal government spokesman.

The federal chancellor Laonie Terisea has also expressed herself on social media:

"These brutal actions by the Bakyernian Bundespolizei against their own people were shameful behavior! You do not unnecessarily injure an already lying person! Where are their rights?! ☮"

New Sebronia wrote:New Sebronia denounces the bakyernian police for the excessive brutality used in the "riots"

After the brutal clashes between the Bakyernian police and protesters, New Sebronia has denounced the partly unnecessary excessive savagery of the police against some mostly helpless protesters.

"You expect more from such a progressive nation, especially from a republic. This is just inappropriate in the highest regards by the police. We hope the victims of this ruthlessness are doing well, you flinch when you see these unsightly pictures", said a federal government spokesman.

The federal chancellor Laonie Terisea has also expressed herself on social media:

"These brutal actions by the Bakyernian Bundespolizei against their own people were shameful behavior! You do not unnecessarily injure an already lying person! Where are their rights?! ☮"

you know things are bad when the pacifists get involved

20 new amethyst mines have opened experts say this will not boost the deostan ecomeny

Deostan wrote:20 new amethyst mines have opened experts say this will boost the deostan ecomeny

What
Learn to use a comma (,)

Deostan wrote:20 new amethyst mines have opened experts say this will boost the deostan ecomeny

Our experts say it will not.

Torvon to join the Green Cross

Torvon has officially announced today that is will be joining the Green Cross. The primary reason for this was sent out in a Royal Decree from King Arslan. “We are joining the Green Cross to better help poorer nations and those struck by natural disasters. Each case for helping a nation will be taken, case by case. As we wish to help others where we can be most beneficial.”

“The Royal Navy announces the launching of first of three new amphibious assault ships. The first of which the H.M.S. Torvon has begun trials at sea. The initial cost of the program is rumored to be in the neighborhood of $10.5 to $12 billion Torvonian Dollars. The other two should launch by late August. The H.M.S. Torvon is currently at sea in the Hagalaz Ocean along with the H.M.S. Valor, H.M.S. Capes Cotesmin, H.M.S. Duke, H.M.S. Prince of Enlen, H.M.S. Cosham, and the H.M.S. Queen Charlotte.” Minister of the Navy Charles Berevmin, reports “So far that the H.M.S. Torvon is working better than we hoped and is integrating well with the H.M.S. Queen Charlotte Carrier Strike Squadron.”

«12. . .647648649650651652653. . .684685»

Advertisement