tahts Bulgaria’s flag
I meant Thegye's flag lol
Welcome! It's perfectly okay if you don't have Discord. It's entirely optional.
Welcome! So glad to have you with us! Let us know if you have any questions!
I do have some questions
1.What technology model is it?
2.How do I join a map?
3.Can I be not human?
1. The technology for the RP is late Medieval technology.
2. You can join the map by following the instructions here:
Thegye is a vast and dynamic world, filled with as many cultures and polities as there are stars in the sky. While borders are fluid and difficult to enforce, this does not stop scholars and scribes from attempting to document the location of these nations. Each of the known world's most significant nations can be found below, marked in its own color and labeled. However, their work is never done. You can assist their documentation by providing the location of your own nation via telegram to Bassiliya or on our discord server. Make sure that the information provided is reasonable, no Empire spans half the world or will suddenly grow to encompass an entire continent without warning. Additionally, nations that are actively involved in world affairs will have stronger claims and will be able to hold larger territories. These maps are all subject to change but don't be impatient if your claim isn't added right away. More is coming when I have the time to revise and re-upload the map. EDIT: As my computer is not functioning, please direct claims to Bassiliya, not me. Additionally, the latest version of our map can be found on our discord, this page may not be up to date.
Each pixel represents 4km^2. There is no maximum claim size, but keep all claims and expansions within reason. Any claim found to be excessive or otherwise unrealistic can be denied.
Lime - Tropical
Tan - Hot Desert
Brown - Mediterranean
Dark Green - Temperate
Pale Green - Continental
Pale Blue - Subarctic/Arctic
Dark Grey - Mountains
The Northern continent is known as Oskiya, and the Southern continent is known as Deteros
Original content and created by Peraro Krotoik. Do not reproduce, in whole or in part, without express permission.
3. No, but we do allow certain specializations of humans, like a nation of dwarfs or giants or whatever. As long as it's reasonable, we mostly allow it.
Hello. I have joined this Region because I am looking for a good and reliable place for my Nation to fit in, and this seemed like the perfect place. A few things that really stood out and appealed to me were that you are a medieval-themed region, with stone buildings and lots of roleplay, which I am going to assume means that you do D&D sessions. If not, that's okay too. I also noticed your creativity with the messages, and how you made the introduction to this region very realistic and absorbing. I appreciate this part of your personality. I am looking forward to being a valued and respected ally amongst all of you wonderful people.
Welcome! So glad to have you! Our roleplay is not your average RPG-type RPing, but freeform geopolitical RP set in a late Medieval era, just so that expectations are well set. We have been planning a Pathfinder game for the past... year, but a lack of interest has kind of left that grounded. But, yeah, we're glad to have you, and let us know if you have any further questions!
If you're interested in our roleplaying, please make sure to check out our RP dispatch here:
So you want to roleplay? No problem! To get started, you'll need to do a few, simple things. First, you will need to set up a space on the Regional Map. Once you've done that and the map has been updated with your claim, you'll need to fill out a Roleplay Statistics Chart and pop it into a dispatch. Instructions on how to fill that out and how to post a dispatch can be found on that dispatch. Once you have done that, you're ready to get involved in roleplay!
Where to Roleplay?
Roleplaying takes place on two platforms: our Discord server and our Forum. More extensive and detailed roleplay should take place on the forum while the Discord has more character and smaller roleplay. Both can be used for both Macro (large) and Micro roleplay. On the Discord, use the command ">request Roleplay" to get access to the roleplay channels. On the forum, you will be masked as a citizen, giving you access to the roleplay forums. Let us know if you have any questions!
There are a few rules about roleplay that all RPers should read and follow.
1. No Godmodding. This is an overall term for being invincible, untouchable, or unreasonable in roleplay. For example, if someone fires a volley of arrows at your troops, having them duck all the arrows and not have reasonable losses is Godmodding. Godmodding also includes avoiding (or nearly avoiding) damage, attacks, interactions, or other reasonable consequences of other players' actions. Just be reasonable about your roleplaying.
2. No Power-Playing. Power-Playing is attempting to control nations, reactions, thoughts, or any other thing that is not yours to control. If it ain't yours, keep your hands off.
3. Do not violate Player Soverignity. This goes along with Power-Playing. Player Sovereignty is where each RPer has complete control over their nation, government, etc. Land changes, government flipping, or declarations of war are all under each player's control. Any action taken against another roleplayer must be cleared with that roleplayer.
4. No Meta-Tech. Meta-tech is any technology or invention that does not fit with the roleplay era our region exists in. For reference, our regional RP is confined to a High Medieval setting. Any tech that doesn't match up with around that time period will not be permitted. However, alternate tech styles that fit in the era of Late Medieval and are feasibly similar to that level are perfectly acceptable.
5. No Magic. Pretty straightforward. While no actual "magic" is allowed, you are permitted to have your people believe in or "practice" magic. This rule extends to races and creatures as well. Any deviation from normal, average human beings must be approved by the moderators.
6. Respect the moderators and other roleplayers. Being polite and respectful to the other players and moderators, or you may end up being banned from roleplay. Moderators will not tolerate constant arguing, bickering, and fighting over roleplay things. In addition, arguing with moderators will not be tolerated at all; repeat offenders may be removed permanently from roleplay.
We have a few Non-Player Characters (or Countries). These are Kuhin, Selt, and Prefencia. These nations are under the control of the RP Moderators, who may make use of them to advance RP and make it interesting. Players may not declare war or directly annex any of the NPCs, but they may influence them through politics, trade deals, and other actions. NPCs may be used in RPs as secondary or supporting characters when requested by a player. However, players are not guaranteed participation of or with an NPC.
Guidelines and Best Practices
Just a few short helpful guidelines to get you started and on your way to a fun and engaging RP.
-If you RP on the forum, try to have both a topic for your in-character posts and out-of-character posts. There are two different categories for them.
-When you start a roleplay, always establish a year or timeframe.
-It's a good idea to get a few active RPers interested in your roleplay, as well as setting a plot and outcome before you begin.
-When you are role-playing on the Discord server, use headers or reactions to help differentiate roleplays from each other.
-It's a good idea to get started with a Factbook or Wiki about your roleplay nation, its history, government, and just general information. You can find a few good guides at the bottom of this dispatch.
The story of Thegye begins long ago, with the formation of many tribes, far to the north, in Oskiya. These followers of the sun god Oto, led by the sun-prophet Otode, migrated to the south, conquering and converting as they went. The Kroto, people of the sun, expanded and grew to a mighty empire, which was proclaimed the Peraro Krotoik, Empire of the Sun. The power and prestige of the Empire grew and spread, covering much of the civilized world. The Athyastoroklis, mighty Fortress City and capital of the Empire, was the center of a massive empire, blessed with boundless wealth and mighty armies. All empires, however, must fall. The great Peraro Krotoik, plagued by politics and famine, began to crumble beneath the pressure of internal and external threats. Tribes and former vassal states of the empire began to rise up against her in rebellion. As the empire crumbles, new states emerged and new empires began to grow. To the east, a new threat, Bassiliya, rises up and begins an all-out conquest of the empire. In the west, powerful princedoms and coalitions fight for dominance over the former empire. All around, the empire is surrounded by enemies.
Below you can find a few helpful RP guides and Factbook guides.
no it is nations RP
Nope, the RP is not D&D-focused. It's a brand of RP called "geopolitical roleplay", wherein each person controls a nation or nations and engages others in trade, war, diplomacy, etc. Joint storytelling.
Right. Thanks for the explanation.