The Rogue Nation of Belfagoria is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Zeqiri Futae with an iron fist, and notable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, pith helmet sales, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 1.677 billion Belfagorians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hole. The average income tax rate is 90.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Belfagorian economy, worth 183 trillion Stokes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 109,336 Stokes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
One-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man, Hole spends billions upgrading public transport, citizens have an obligation to remain silent and anything they say may be used against them, and students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Belfagoria's national animal is the Blue Cardinal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Belfagoria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, citizens have an obligation to remain silent and anything they say may be used against them.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, Hole spends billions upgrading public transport.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, one-man canoes fitted with the latest tracking technology leave no room for one man.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, poaching has been on the rise after animals from the nation's zoos were released into the wild.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, blue sky thinkers are reminded that the firmament is actually more of a grey-ish colour.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, commuters are denied boarding for attempting to bring packed lunches onto trains.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, the nation's apology for those it has executed in the last year has come a little late for some.
- : Following new legislation in Belfagoria, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
Endorsements Received: 177 » Lulubellia, Koda-Land, Aerilia, Bankowiata, The Stratosphere Islands, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, The Rhein States, Shibutani, Pytong, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Kazoo Basin, Malta Comino Gozo, Maratabat, Yaorozu, Orado, Joodey, Dar es Saalam, Dreadton, Valentine Z, Sundred, Great Bights Mum, North Bratislava, Sevinland, Imperial Pieserged, Corfad, Hamerica, Notyoutopia, Kocherian, Fauzjhia, Former English Colony, Zzozona, Guer Aike, Siwale, East Akra, New Lakemba, Kragsgale, Hardscrabble, The Tampa Bay Rays, Holy Oranz, Chips and Guac, PEG, Navsland, Religioncord, Andexia, Vivanco, Sunto, El Fiji Grande, Heilhum Imperius, Interdimensional Zone, Territorio di Nessuno, and 127 others.The Peoples Republic of Kyle, Loutsland, Brucklania, Empy, Sikol, Dabarastan, Kranostav, Newpromisedland, The Pantheons, Cretox State, Pasargad, Wineclaw, Frances Francis the First of France, Yellops, Xipher, Leewood, Votak Matim, Draconian Progression, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Outer Shenendoah, Omnistria, Supreme Leader Hadrian, Libertania Democratica, Odelinor, The Serdey Islands, Slyakanya, Yokciq Empire, Selfgradatude, 1 very fast endotarter, Sil Dorsett, Ravendi, Nodnarb, Daiz, Innocentic, The Jerichowan Country, Godwanna, Climeria, Strongwill, Ozstan, Seijitsu, Colfes, Blyskalia, Pallaith, Republica Guilleana, Port Naga, Ethnon, Noria Prinefrikeslon, Darkmondoria, The Iron Lions, United Kahndaq, Svenskskit, Bharathvarsh, Star Kingdom, Ellbonnia, Illusia and Neverendia, Wisconsota, His Enduring Majesty, Xagill, Nalver And, Xentherida, Galbadiana, Landestian, Hyphen, Holy Empire of Greater Bavaria, Zyvetskistaahn, Runeda, A Salmon Named Harold, Wilkshire, Planes, Madjack, The Endless Eventide, Patrician, Upper Libertatem, The Mazur Empire, Seenvorland, Simone Republic, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Gondwanaia, Sachi, Glurponia, McMasterdonia, Volstokn, Moubarakistan, Barabolia, Vesteysia, Que Lukustinardon, Clan Spaniel, Shadowrik, Beasluxia, Kromi, Aoncarpa, Francois Isidore, Valgarda, Zemnaya Svoboda, Free Salvation, Tyirza, Maott, Wapistan, Sanjurika, Trumpski, Svenskan, Travislavania, Dangine, Questann, Lol2639, Siforpeo, Servilis, Ardenstania, Shotokonia, Figyjharli, Super Girl, Shahrukh, Pinguioris, Tringapore, BTProductions, Xyrron, Alexander the Magnus, Fraystonia, San Felipe, Uzbek Khan, Aryan Homeland, Pleroma Sans Romans, Steampunk Ariel, Venicea, New Michag, Gimbuses, and Mon Island.