The Dominion of Kalla is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Founder with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, parental licensing program, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 1.433 billion Kallans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tar Valon. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kallan economy, worth 191 trillion kronor a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 133,354 kronor, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour, citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students, and the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kalla's national animal is the panther, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kalla was endorsed by The Allied States of The First Earth Empire.
- : Kalla was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, history textbook pages are used as impromptu tissues by distraught students.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, citizens' names are redacted on their IDs for national security.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, sniffer dogs check train passengers for body odour.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, children are brainwashed at a young age to accept "love and peace!" as a way of life.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, protestors are soaking piles of kronor in blood to make a point about government incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, libraries are replacing history books and classic novels with technical manuals and trades directories to match the nation's changing demands.
- : Following new legislation in Kalla, teenage TV characters are played by thirty-year-olds by the end of the second season.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Bhang Bhang Duc, Bran Astor, New Cerveza, San Mazer, Kisovec, Wickedly evil people, Psikuta, Greynne, Pandaland III, DiscGolfLand, Wyndward, Dilber, Fujai, Tropical Isles, The United Republic of Westend, Twisted Duality, Kittenlicious, Cryland, Gryphonian Alliance, The Fourth Redoubt, Glorious Existence, Liberillia, Greg Tucker, Ferroia, Atheist States of Philippines, Thyrall, Win Mints, Oronia, Archonina, Oometz, Mathematania, Fallgriffin, Sindria, Shaktirajya, Common Good, Ellcrys, Papercuts and Skittles, Holmani, Triestine, Robbinston, Numpties, Nieubasria, Einherfell, Gastenburg, Arracrania, IndyCar Racing, Plankstein, Q The Almighty, Mediobogdum, Estriacea, and 25 others.Akshireuya, Anuubis, Quevilis, Nas Crustium, Carvell, Troodan, Cro Magnon, Emark, Giovanniland, Gracelantia, Hamburg Neo, Mercia Regnum, Sirulinuck, Arvladma, Santos-Dominius, Westwind, Fhaengshia, Volkason, Thevinia, Irvinovia, Av Libertas Vindex, BIteland, Dalimbar, Fuentana, and The First Earth Empire.