The Democratic Republic of Konouj is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Abhimanyu Chakraborty with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.323 billion Konoujians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Waves. The average income tax rate is 53.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Konoujian economy, worth 167 trillion Karnas a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. Average income is an impressive 126,979 Karnas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Waves, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, economists confusingly list "fusarium rot and leaf blight" as major risk factors for monetary deflation, and formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Konouj's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Konouj was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Konouj's influence in India rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Konouj's influence in India rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Konouj's influence in India rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Konouj resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Konouj relocated from The East Pacific to India.
- : Konouj voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Holy Principality of Saint Mark"".
- : Konouj voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The Holy Principality of Saint Mark"".
- : Following new legislation in Konouj, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming.
- : Konouj was endorsed by Hickory hampton.