The Kingdom of New Spurs is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its frequent executions, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed population of 658 million New Spursians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 45.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving New Spursian economy, worth 41.3 trillion Sons a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 62,821 Sons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Would-be emigrants are told "abandon all hope all ye who would exit here", preschoolers practice disarming active shooters before naptime, the diplomatic corps tends to open negotiations by insulting all the foreigners in the room, and statistics show that terrorists often come from broken families. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Spurs's national animal is the Cockerel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Spurs was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : New Spurs was endorsed by The Federation of Federation Of Columbian Republics.
- : New Spurs was endorsed by The Wayside of BearStackof2015.
- : New Spurs was endorsed by The People's Republic of Lorrana.
- : New Spurs was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : New Spurs was endorsed by The United Serb states of BTProductions.
- : New Spurs was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Rainbow Vests.
- : New Spurs was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : New Spurs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Verdant Haven".
- : New Spurs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Tariffs and Trade Convention".
Endorsements Received: 26 » Greater New Cassandra, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Oofery, VW53Aland, New Leganes, Brotherland, Evrigenis, Acronis, Tretrid, Dragons Blood, Wallenburg, The Three States of Fortuna, Mays Austrian Nation, A mean old man, EHTYCSCYTHE, Debluu, Tassirion, Coruh, Axdel, Santa Dystopia, Rainbow Vests, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Federation Of Columbian Republics, and Namaste Isle.