The Community of Plaines is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its parental licensing program, rampant corporate plagiarism, and absence of drug laws. The devout population of 401 million Plaiseans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gadeham. The average income tax rate is 36.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Plainian economy, worth 13.3 trillion Kilos a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Pizza Delivery, Automobile Manufacturing, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,081 Kilos, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, nation-building is the new national pastime, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, and Plaines has designated Gadeham as its capital city. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Plaines's national animal is the Sheep, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Plaines was endorsed by The Free Land of Namaste Isle.
- : Plaines was endorsed by The United People's Republic of Coruh.
- : Plaines was endorsed by The Federation of The Three States of Fortuna.
- : Plaines changed its national motto to "You can't escape the sheep police.".
- : Plaines voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend Northern Borland"".
- : Plaines voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Whistleblower Protection Act".
- : Plaines changed its national capital to "Gadeham".
- : Following new legislation in Plaines, Plaines has designated Gadeham as its capital city.
- : Following new legislation in Plaines, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- : Following new legislation in Plaines, nation-building is the new national pastime.
Endorsements Received: 25 » Zukchiva, Evrigenis, EHTYCSCYTHE, VW53Aland, Gunov, Debluu, Axdel, Brotherland, Oofery, New Leganes, Santa Dystopia, Dravida India, Rainbow Vests, Dragons Blood, A mean old man, Mays Austrian Nation, Tretrid, Lorrana, BearStackof2015, Staynes, Eastern Alksearia, Modra, The Three States of Fortuna, Coruh, and Namaste Isle.