The Republic of Sharpia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by MrSharpSword with an even hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, prohibition of alcohol, and frequent executions. The compassionate, hard-working, devout population of 1.768 billion Sharpians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of DaRealMSS. The average income tax rate is 68.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Sharpian economy, worth 224 trillion bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. Average income is an impressive 127,118 bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, MrSharpSword sports gold-plated grillz to promote the government's hard money policy, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas, and prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Sharpia's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, prankster scientists legally change their names to silly pseudonyms before major discoveries.
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, TV shows must meet strict ethnicity quotas.
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, MrSharpSword sports gold-plated grillz to promote the government's hard money policy.
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Sharpia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Sharpia altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, Sharpia's first free elections in recent memory have been successfully concluded.
- : Sharpia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Sharpia, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate.