The Republic of Yernon is a large, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 62 million Yernonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 19.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Yernonian economy, worth 2.65 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Uranium Mining, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 42,810 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Yernon's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Yernon's influence in Thaecia rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Yernon's influence in Thaecia rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Yernon lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Yernon published "Yernon | Platform for President, PM, HoC, and Senate" (Factbook: History).
- : Yernon's influence in Thaecia rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Yernon's influence in Thaecia rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Yernon relocated from The Moscow Pact to Thaecia.
- : Yernon ejected The United Kingdom of Spereid from The Moscow Pact.
- : Yernon's influence in The Moscow Pact rose from "Dealmaker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Yernon's influence in The Moscow Pact fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".