|Capital||The Unyielding Cesspit Of Filth|
The PS2 Puppet of Askatopia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by The Executioner with an iron fist, and notable for its infamous sell-swords, public floggings, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.558 billion Disposables are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Spirituality and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Education receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Unyielding Cesspit Of Filth. The average income tax rate is 94.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Disposable economy, worth a remarkable 4,768 trillion Nuclear Bombs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Woodchip Exports, Basket Weaving, and Furniture Restoration. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 412,600 Nuclear Bombs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Askatopia, people feel the most alone when among peers, and cremation is compulsory for the deceased. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Askatopia's national animal is the Slug, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Violetism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Askatopia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Askatopia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Askatopia lodged a message on the The Rejected Realms Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Askatopia, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Askatopia, people feel the most alone when among peers.
- : Following new legislation in Askatopia, Rupert Bear is considered to be the most risqué TV programme in Askatopia.
- : Following new legislation in Askatopia, parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list.
- : Following new legislation in Askatopia, the government has declared victoria over the cheese menace.
- : Askatopia relocated from Lazarus to The Rejected Realms.
- : Askatopia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".