The Free State of Befreitland is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by people with a fair hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.901 billion Befreitlans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fremont. The average income tax rate is 95.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Befreit economy, worth 367 trillion monetary units a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 126,776 monetary units, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Befreit grocery store, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation, and the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause. Crime is totally unknown. Befreitland's national animal is the cow, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Befreitland relocated from Asta Fan Club to Sonindia.
- : Befreitland relocated from Sonindia to Asta Fan Club.
- : Following new legislation in Befreitland, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Befreitland was endorsed by The Imperium Duchy of Grand Termina.
- : Befreitland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Promotion of Recycling".
- : Following new legislation in Befreitland, Super Barry Brothers is the most popular video game in the nation.
- : Following new legislation in Befreitland, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Following new legislation in Befreitland, there is an abondance of ackawi and zartschmelzend in every Befreit grocery store.
- : Befreitland lodged a message on the Sonindia Regional Message Board.
- : Befreitland's influence in Sonindia rose from "Page" to "Squire".