The Chaoist People's Republic of Dra-pol is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Director Hotan with an iron fist, and notable for its pith helmet sales, anti-smoking policies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 36.998 billion Drapoel are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Education also on the agenda. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Da'Khiem. The income tax rate is 100%.
The all-consuming Drapoel economy, worth an astonishing 21,103 trillion kuroes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is an enormous, deeply entrenched, highly specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is a breathtaking 570,386 kuroes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bilingual Drapoel are viewed with suspicion, people make a career out of medical voyeurism, appliance stores are finding spy cameras embedded in their unboxed merchandise, and there is no such thing as an innocent fling in the Drapoel military. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Dra-pol's national animal is the Drapoel shoveler, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Kurosite Thought.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dra-pol updated the World Factbook entry in A Modern World.
- : Dra-pol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- : Dra-pol was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular and the Top 10% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Dra-pol was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Dra-pol's influence in A Modern World rose from "Sprat" to "Powerbroker".
- : Following new legislation in Dra-pol, there is no such thing as an innocent fling in the Drapoel military.
- : Dra-pol altered its national flag.
- : Dra-pol relocated from Osiris to A Modern World.
- : Dra-pol was refounded in Osiris.
- : Dra-pol ceased to exist in A Modern World.