The Democratic States of Leppikania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Nick with a fair hand, and renowned for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, keen interest in outer space, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 11.173 billion Leppiks enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The large, liberal, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Epissiac. The average income tax rate is 95.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Leppikanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,774 trillion Stars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 158,777 Stars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead, and directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Epissiac as a backdrop. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Leppikania's national animal is the cuttlefish, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Pastafarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Leppikania, directors of low-budget sci-fi films are flocking to use Epissiac as a backdrop.
- : Leppikania lost WA Delegate status in The Embassy.
- : Leppikania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Leppikania's influence in The Embassy rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Leppikania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Salaxalans".
- : Leppikania became WA Delegate of The Embassy.
- : Leppikania was endorsed by The Exquisite taste of The Ambassadors Reception.
- : Following new legislation in Leppikania, crossbow bolts fill the skies if so much as a sparrow flies overhead.
- : Following new legislation in Leppikania, UFO sightings are listed daily in the morning news.
- : Following new legislation in Leppikania, roads are often attended by round-the-clock construction crews.
Endorsements Received: None.