The State of Minoa is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by Empress Joana with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 19.525 billion Minoans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Athens. The average income tax rate is 24.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Minoan economy, worth a remarkable 1,978 trillion Minoan tala a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 101,353 Minoan tala, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Kids are taught in schools to argue with their parents, ironic death by tasering is on the rise amongst door-to-door taser salesmen, grannies get pulled over for knitting pullovers while driving, and the entire entry for Minoa in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'. Crime is totally unknown. Minoa's national animal is the little owl, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Minoa published "Geography of Minoa" (Factbook: Geography).
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Minoa was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.