|Faith||the Temple of Yarh|
The Roaming Band of Nippainu is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Hiro with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ritual sacrifices, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.561 billion Nippainese enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Buka Niri. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.1%.
The all-consuming Nippainese economy, worth a remarkable 1,473 trillion Yappens a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. Average income is 88,957 Yappens, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 787,204 per year while the poor average 1,416, a ratio of 555 to 1.
Abortions are routinely performed in Nippainu's hospitals, Tesco was recently named as the new national treasurer, the country has been 'going shopping' by annexing nearby nations for their resources, and a punitive tax has been placed on harmful emissions. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Nippainu's national animal is the silk worm, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is the Temple of Yarh.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations, Most Armed, and Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Nippainu's influence in The World Rearranged fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- : Nippainu was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Nippainu's influence in The World Rearranged fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- : Nippainu's influence in The World Rearranged rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".