The Republic of Unikon is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Hammerhead with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, otherworldly petting zoo, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless, devout population of 22.123 billion Unikonians enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The relatively small, corrupt government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Unikon City. The average income tax rate is 3.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Unikonian economy, worth a remarkable 6,334 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 286,341 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes, and producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Unikon's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Unikon was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Unikon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Unikon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Unikon, producers insist that movie stars wear crash helmets in every scene.
- : Following new legislation in Unikon, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
- : Following new legislation in Unikon, the government is engaging in an agricultural trade war with Maxtopia.
- : Following new legislation in Unikon, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes.
- : Unikon was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Capitalizt".
- : Unikon voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Unikon voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".