The Principality of Xernon is a massive, cultured nation, renowned for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and devotion to social welfare. The democratic, devout population of 2.913 billion Xernonians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of DiVora. The average income tax rate is 58.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Xernonian economy, worth 100 trillion Francs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Trout Farming, and Tourism. Average income is 34,466 Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign policy is to avoid standing up to bullies, extraordinary rendition is nothing out of the ordinary, political candidates must be personally vetted by Leader, and police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Xernon's national animal is the Mockingbird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : The Colony of Thaecia Founder dismissed Xernon as President of Thaecia.
- : Xernon was ejected from the WA for rule violations.
- : Xernon endorsed The Constitutional Monarchy of Broustan.
- : Xernon lost the endorsement of The Republic of The Islamic Country of Honour.
- : Xernon was endorsed by The Democratic States of Britle.
- : Xernon lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Xernon was endorsed by The Republic of Tortalis.
- : Xernon was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of JRose.
- : Xernon was endorsed by The Emirate of Ghranata.
- : Xernon was endorsed by The Democracy of Terentiland.