The Blue Islands of Corindia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Marcel Paquet with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 10.051 billion Corindi hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Environment, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Carmo. The average income tax rate is 93.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Corindi economy, worth a remarkable 1,864 trillion Corins a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 185,474 Corins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms, 'Totally Not Partisan News' is a line item on the government budget, and all recreational drugs are legal. Crime is totally unknown. Corindia's national animal is the Marlin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, all recreational drugs are legal.
- : Corindia lodged a message on the The Western Isles Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, 'Totally Not Partisan News' is a line item on the government budget.
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, hospitals fear government fines more than terrorist ransoms.
- : Corindia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Aromea.
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, political scientists despair as the national mascot election eclipses all others in voter enthusiasm.
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, factories grind to a halt every time there is an election.
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, decongestants have replaced Corins in street transactions.
- : Corindia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Corindia, defense lawyers suggestively note to juries how flagrantly happy victims were.
Endorsements Received: 38 » Miklania, Vancouvia, Keomora, Ostehaar, Athara Magarat, Linaviar, Noronica, Verdon, Murab, Chasia, San Montagna, Townside, Aruia, Xrevaro, Frencin, Cosie, Domanania, Dothrakia, Razzgriz, Almorea, Aizcona, Biaten, Craiglang, Khoreshis, Alteran Republics, Remodio, Segentova, Factoro, Serpens Land, Roendavar, Plungaria, Eurania, Thromsa, Essena, Insulalia, Terra Nordica, Nurbaria, and Aromea.