The We don't have a Pretitle of Island Zero is a huge, orderly nation, ruled by Z3 with an iron fist, and notable for its compulsory military service, pith helmet sales, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 874 million Zero Islanders are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of The Furnace. The average income tax rate is 82.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Zeron economy, worth 148 trillion bits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, fairly diversified black market in Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 170,238 bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering', teenagers stay out into the wee hours of the morning "stargazing", the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare, and cubicles often double as graves as citizens literally work themselves to death. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Island Zero's national animal is the tardigrade, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, cubicles often double as graves as citizens literally work themselves to death.
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, the military has forsaken terrestrial warfare.
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, teenagers stay out into the wee hours of the morning "stargazing".
- : Island Zero was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies.
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, dozens of viewers go online to hear whether a comma has been added to Clause 5 in Subsection B of Law 58375.
- : Island Zero voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Following new legislation in Island Zero, warfare increasingly resembles a video game.
- : Island Zero was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
Endorsements Received: 8 » Independent Federation of Croatia, Veradax, The Peoples Republic of Baschland, Spiritual Republic of Caryton, Terlanagli Army, Empoleon Corporation, Karterstan, and Rhavatne.