The Imperium of Chalybea is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Antonius Pontibus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, infamous sell-swords, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 12.19 billion Chalybeans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ferrum. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Chalybean economy, worth a remarkable 3,199 trillion Denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an amazing 262,437 Denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is mandatory to learn evolution in schools, protests are legal but strictly supervised, commercial ships often report keel and hull damage from coral reef impacts, and voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chalybea's national animal is the Lupus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Chalybea, voters must frequently select what they view as the lesser of two evils on the ballot.
- : Chalybea was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Chalybea, commercial ships often report keel and hull damage from coral reef impacts.
- : Following new legislation in Chalybea, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Chalybea was reclassified from "Corrupt Dictatorship" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Chalybea, it is mandatory to learn evolution in schools.
- : Following new legislation in Chalybea, the comic book series 'Antonius Pontibus and the Villainous Corporate Cronies' is a best-seller.
- : Chalybea voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Syria".
- : Chalybea was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Chalybea, drug deals return to the streets as legions of undercover officers stalk the dark web.