The Federation of Empty Promises is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its burgeoning Vulture population. The hard-working population of 1.564 billion Empty Promisesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 22.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Empty Promisesian economy, worth 61.4 trillion Credits a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,241 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Empty Promises's national animal is the Vulture.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Empty Promises's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Empty Promises's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Empty Promises relocated from The Great Universe to The Rejected Realms.
- : Empty Promises was ejected and banned from The Great Universe by The Community of Bablem.
- : Empty Promises resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Empty Promises's influence in The Great Universe rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Empty Promises relocated from Hastrojan to The Great Universe.
- : Empty Promises was endorsed by The Free Land of Long Life.
- : Empty Promises was endorsed by The Republic of 2nd Howl.
- : Empty Promises relocated from South Pacific to Hastrojan.