The Grand Duchy of StarGaiz is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by John Bob with an iron fist, and remarkable for its daily referendums, state-planned economy, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 2.284 billion StarGaizians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bob. The average income tax rate is 71.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving StarGaizian economy, worth 192 trillion Stars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 84,393 Stars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tawdry celebrity gossip section has moved to the front page of most newspapers, sleazy politicians exploit the Parliamentary Code of Conduct to purge their rivals, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, and citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. StarGaiz's national animal is the Corgi, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is StarGazing.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Aether Inc.
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The Free Land of Traeharn.
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Aleisynium.
- : StarGaiz was endorsed by The Confederacy of Adka.
- : StarGaiz was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, citizens are frequently searched for illegal weapons.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, sleazy politicians exploit the Parliamentary Code of Conduct to purge their rivals.
- : Following new legislation in StarGaiz, the tawdry celebrity gossip section has moved to the front page of most newspapers.
- : StarGaiz was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
Endorsements Received: 66 » Lislandia, Balan Bar, Mudreuque, Liberto-Ancapistan, Her Majesty Silver Garden, Ciapore, Dyrland, Cle Brait, Primis Tenebris, Socialist Platypus, Gatorstan, Kensaland, Wakaru, Oktadonia, Pervincia, Duby, Lucensia, Vivenxistan, Plusquam verisimile est, Flamboyant Fanboys, Nova Briton, El Blurkistan, Stustu, Puffin Islands, Cyzixraqab, Erithian, Werstonal, Untied States of Matter, Kurczak Mielony, Swiss Hommousionopia, Land of Legacy, Zuelong, The Spook Who Sat By The Door, Charville, Aelandi, Commuba, GreatBritannia, Saint Killebrew, The Free City of Nelson, Hubdova, The Psittacines, Skoorb, Hockeyyekcoh, BadBitchVille, Clownclub, Hamptoria, Devonigondwana, The sovereign provinces of Mesha, Eastern Starbowie, Ziroxeut, and 16 others.Nueva Rico, Cramboria, Seolia, Redamia, Covoicotheval, United Cyber Tech, Great Luirokitanea, Washiwa, The Capitalist China Party, Nibelia, Tentoria, Litorauria, Adka, Aleisynium, Traeharn, and Aether Inc.