The United Mangrove Archipelago of Ransium is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Scipio with an even hand, and renowned for its national health service, lack of airports, and fear of technology. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 31.675 billion Ransites are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Environment, with Healthcare, Social Policy, and Industry also on the agenda, while Education and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mangrove City. The average income tax rate is 97.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Ransiumian economy, worth a remarkable 6,688 trillion Cloyns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 211,161 Cloyns, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms, the libraries of Ransium are staffed by lone, lonely librarians, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings, and Mona Lola's famous mysterious smile is being altered to resemble Scipio's enigmatic grin. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ransium's national animal is the Tiger Shark, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Mangrovism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Mona Lola's famous mysterious smile is being altered to resemble Scipio's enigmatic grin.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the libraries of Ransium are staffed by lone, lonely librarians.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, wind farms are erected on shuttered oil platforms.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the government mails weekly updates on the new anti-junk mail laws to every citizen.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Mangrove City Preparatory School for the Exceedingly Wealthy's basketball team is having a few off-years.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Tiger Sharks have more rights than the average citizen.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, Scipio's handshakes with opposition leaders usually lead to thumb wars.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, the government-run newspapers insist that everything is fine.
- : Following new legislation in Ransium, children have only the most basic of education.
Endorsements Received: 78 » Eryndlynd, Ironic Remarks, Candlewhisper Archive, Velkia and the Islands, Esterild, Feladria, Cannibaland, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Caterasia, Love and Nature, Chilledsville, Canaltia, Ziotah and Riverside, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Forgotten Beauty, Sacara, Wantevolo, The Black Forrest, Cat-Herders United, Window Land, Novian Republics, Artemis, Ordand, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Awhaiti Kaiatu, Bregaria, Cheloboria, Crowacia, Snjor, Blon Gre, Marimoland, Appendia, Effazio, Bilsa, Ashrah, Girelna, Anachronolandia, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Tscharva, Gorthias, Bestburg, Alcantaria, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, Cikya, and 28 others.East Stederland, Manniskoslaktet, Lura, Ruinenlust, Turbeaux, Simbolon, Middle Barael, The Most Serene Republicans, Terrabod, Kannap, Garbelia, Uniania Geeth, Kepler-0085, Einswenn, The Cypher Nine, Dark Chocolate Enthusiasts, Rivienland, Zerkyr Xiszczy, Daarwyrth, New Ladavia, Uan aa Boa, Ordealius, Foir, Doxstern, McClandia Doge 2, Jutsa, Democratic Republic of Cacusia, and Verdant Haven.