by Max Barry

Latest Forum Topics

Advertisement

Right to Life RMB

WA Delegate (non-executive): The Theocracy of Aawia (elected )

Founder: The Christian Democratic Nation of Culture of Life

Last WA Update:

Board Poll Activity History Admin Rank

Most Nations: 197th Most World Assembly Endorsements: 482nd Most Devout: 639th+2
Most Valuable International Artwork: 1,433rd Most Cultured: 2,326th
World Factbook Entry

RIGHT TO LIFE is a community of nations that recognizes and promotes defense of the unalienable rights of the unborn. The nations of this region oppose induced abortion in all or most cases.

World Assembly members are required to endorse the President: Aawia.

There is a two-thirds endorsement cap. The next regional election is on September 1–11.



  1. 22

    Region of Right to Life

    MetaReference by Culture of Life . 2,122 reads.

  2. 9

    A Statement on Right to Life / League of Conservative Nations Relations

    BulletinPolicy by United massachusetts . 300 reads.

  3. 1

    Charter of International Alliance for the Preborn

    BulletinOpinion by United massachusetts . 912 reads.

  4. 6

    Official map of Right to Life

    FactbookGeography by Under ledzia . 280 reads.

▼ 1 More

Embassies: Pro Life International, Catholic, Coalition of Catholic States, Republic of Conservative Nations, United Empire of Islam, The Allied States, Antarctic Oasis, Federation of Conservative Nations, Conservative League, Libertatem, The Universal Allegiance, Arda en Estel, Grand Central, The Western Isles, League of Christian Nations, The Great American Union, and 168 others.Israel, Vatican II, Eastern Roman Empire, The Allied Republics, Virtual Roman Catholic Church, Saint Margaret Mary, Vatican, Jerusalem, Alabama, Concordia, Republicans, The SOP, Freedom and Justice Alliance, Christianity, Union of Nationalists, The Republic Nations, Ivory Tower, The Illuminati, United States of America, The Royal Imperial Directorate, Res Publica Catholicae Borgiae, Truangel Christian Fellowship, The Catholic Church, The Virtual Roman Catholic Church, Arconian Empire, Hollow Point, The Savage Garden, Avadam Inn, Galactic Imperium, United Poland Union, Zentari, ACA, U R N, Australialia, Time for Britain 2 Leave the EU, Paradise, Donald Trump, Solar Alliance, The Doctor Who Universe, United Imperial Union, Oceania, Holy Lands, Groland, Brasil, The Christian Communist Union, Chile, Imperial Russian Empire, Yarnia, The Unified Christians Alliance, The Glorious Nations of Iwaku, Brazzaville, Asylum, The Bar on the corner of every region, Historia Novorum, Chinese Republic, Massachusetts, France, Capitalist Libertarian Freedom Region, Melhorian Sea, APSIA, Scandinavia, Gay Equality, Solid Kingdom, The Geometric Equanimity TGE, Philosophy 115, Cape of Good Hope, Australia, Association of the Countries of the Free, The Rose Garden, Polandball, North Carolina, The Graveyard, Armenia, Illinois, Technologica, Thanksgiving, Autism Spectrum, Donald Trump Land, The Alliance of Dictators, Nohbdy, Future Earth, Sweden, Knights of The Templar Order, KAISERREICH, Union of Free Nations, Regionless, The Free States, Bus Stop, Imperium of the Wolf, Union Mundial, International Debating Area, Alliance of Absolute Monarchs, LCRUA, The Great Universe, Non Aligned Movement, Remnants of Hyrule, Etharia, United Alliances, The Three Kings, The Union of Religious Nations, Conaidhm na Cairde, Limbo, 1st Lutheran Christian Community, The Alliance of Catholic Nations, Octobris, The LCRUA, Circumspice, Gypsy Lands, The North Atlantic Ocean, The Alterran Republic, International sovereignty pact, Salutations, Novo Brasil, Union of Allied States, Elparia, Lardyland, Brannackia, RHINIA, The Dawn of Unity, Yuno, Universal Pact, Japan, Union of Christian Nations, Kingdom Of Austria, Christian Nations Union, Union of Saxon Justice, Roman Byzantine Union, The Moderate Alliance, MentosLand, Federation of Allies, Northern Ocean, Conservicstan, nasunia, American Jewish Committee, The International Polling Zone, Vermont, The House of Prayer, The United Meritocrats, Dolla Holla, Codex Ylvus, Valkia, The Labyrinth, Albosiac, Catholic Defense Order, New Market, Altay, United Christian Empires of the West, New Waldensia, The putnan empire of nations, Allied Conservative States, Turkic Union, Union of liberty, Christian, Southern Africa, Syria, United League of Nations, Click Here, RAMS, phoenix partners, Old Zealand, The Democratic Republic, Markish Galactic Empire, The Anti Fascism Alliances, Pecan Sandies, Jesus Christ, Catholic Pro Life Region, Bible Believers, and The Union of Rightwing Nations.

Tags: Conservative, Democratic, Egalitarian, Enormous, Featured, General Assembly, Generalite, Independent, Issues Player, Map, Offsite Chat, Offsite Forums, and 4 others.Regional Government, Serious, Social, and World Assembly.

Regional Power: Moderate

Right to Life contains 116 nations, the 197th most in the world.

Today's World Census Report

The Greatest Rich-Poor Divides in Right to Life

Nations ranked highly have large gaps between the incomes of rich and poor citizens. Nations low on the list have high levels of income equality.

As a region, Right to Life is ranked 4,953rd in the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.

NationWA CategoryMotto
1.The Penguin State of American AntarticaCorporate Police State“Where the penguin are we!”
2.The Federal Republic of FaradisoCorporate Bordello“Freedom,Equality,Justice”
3.The Commonwealth of Jatland banayaCapitalist Paradise“Jat ka dehs hai”
4.The Holy Empire of The CRCFree-Market Paradise“Thy word is true from the beginning”
5.The Commonwealth of KylesylvaniaRight-wing Utopia“Qui Transtulit Sustinet”
6.The Republic of CyberpunkerRight-wing Utopia“God, Prosperity, Liberty”
7.The Republic of The Confederacy of BeastlandAnarchy“Defende Libertatem; Tunc Res Publica Conservabitur”
8.The Commonwealth of Nord-NordenAnarchy“Leave us alone!”
9.The Dictatorship of DallintopiaCapitalist Paradise“In God We Trust”
10.The Constitutional Monarchy of Failesian EmpireCapitalist Paradise“God preserve us”
1234. . .1112»

Regional Poll • Cultural or legal victory for the pro-life movement?

The Republic of Horatius Cocles wrote:Per Roborian's hypothetical on the rmb, please select which option you'd prefer as the outcome/focus of the pro-life movement.

Voting opened 3 days 8 hours ago and will close . Open to residents. You cannot vote as you are not logged in.

Regional Happenings

More...

Right to Life Regional Message Board

Phydios wrote:Science doesn't lie. Ever. It can't. Scientists can lie or misuse science, but the scientific method is sound. This past flu season went by with barely a whimper, when it usually kills tens of thousands. That's a fact. One can claim that the deep state is secretly classifying influenza cases as COVID-19 cases to keep the unwashed hordes from spraying their germs through the air with every breath, but one will struggle to find any evidence that would convince someone who needs it.

This is an aside, but I don't believe science can tell the truth or lie, science is not the truth. Science is merely a way of discovering facts about the natural world, it is more the method, and methods can be improved. For example, the microscope revolutionized science but did not change the truth, rather it merely updated the way we use this method to determine what is true and what is not about the world. So science can lead to mistaken conclusions, and it can often lead to the right conclusions, but it is in and of itself not a thing that tells the truth or lies. It is a pet peeve of mine when people personify science, like "believe science" or "science says" one can believe in the conclusions drawn from stringent use of the scientific method, and in doing so trust the methods involved in the modern scientific method, but believing in the method can be different than believing in its conclusions. I know when people say "believe science" they mean trust the processes professionals use to draw well-established conclusions that are the best explanation for natural things as they stand, but I still dislike the personification of the method on a personal level.

Aawia wrote:This is an aside, but I don't believe science can tell the truth or lie, science is not the truth. Science is merely a way of discovering facts about the natural world, it is more the method, and methods can be improved. For example, the microscope revolutionized science but did not change the truth, rather it merely updated the way we use this method to determine what is true and what is not about the world. So science can lead to mistaken conclusions, and it can often lead to the right conclusions, but it is in and of itself not a thing that tells the truth or lies. It is a pet peeve of mine when people personify science, like "believe science" or "science says" one can believe in the conclusions drawn from stringent use of the scientific method, and in doing so trust the methods involved in the modern scientific method, but believing in the method can be different than believing in its conclusions. I know when people say "believe science" they mean trust the processes professionals use to draw well-established conclusions that are the best explanation for natural things as they stand, but I still dislike the personification of the method on a personal level.

You're absolutely correct. As you say, there is a difference between trusting the scientific method and trusting the professionals who use it. Science is humanity's best attempt to determine truth about the natural world, and that's it. Unfortunately, there are some who see it as the humanist bible- an infallible, all-sufficient source of truth on everything that exists ("everything" being the natural world, of course). This is scientism, and it's as much of a religion as any other.

Phydios wrote:You're absolutely correct. As you say, there is a difference between trusting the scientific method and trusting the professionals who use it. Science is humanity's best attempt to determine truth about the natural world, and that's it. Unfortunately, there are some who see it as the humanist bible- an infallible, all-sufficient source of truth on everything that exists ("everything" being the natural world, of course). This is scientism, and it's as much of a religion as any other.

This is why I don't see the point in science vs. religion debates. Science is dedicated to empiricism and the natural world. It is by definition limiting itself to what can be seen, observed, measured, etc. Religion/mysticism/revelation all focus on the supernatural, usually with guidelines on how devotees are supposed to behave in the natural realm. But science and religion operate in different realms with different objectives. One is concerned with natural phenomena, the other is willing to take in metaphysics and supra-natural philosophies.

Phydios wrote:I said "COVID-19 regulations", not just "wearing masks". This includes #2, #3, and #5 on your list, as well as #7. And while #1 and #6 may have had an effect, they cannot possibly explain a drop in flu deaths of over 97%. (Nor can #4, for that matter.)

This is a worldwide collapse- do you think that governments worldwide conspired to fabricate the effectiveness of face coverings, social distancing, and increased sanitizing in slowing the spread of infectious diseases? Or that the WHO, who reported this drop, has become an arm of the Chinese government?

Science doesn't lie. Ever. It can't. Scientists can lie or misuse science, but the scientific method is sound. This past flu season went by with barely a whimper, when it usually kills tens of thousands. That's a fact. One can claim that the deep state is secretly classifying influenza cases as COVID-19 cases to keep the unwashed hordes from spraying their germs through the air with every breath, but one will struggle to find any evidence that would convince someone who needs it.

I wasn't saying that you were saying that, I have just heard several other people say masks exclusively or at least primarily. I was just keeping the conversation going and coming up with a much longer, in my view debatable but more realistic, list of causes that contributed to the flu case drop.

As such the rest of your post seems like too much of a hyperbolic reaction to what you maybe thought I was saying...? I guess I'm a bit confused. Again: I am saying the effectiveness of masks was overall minimal and many factors both cut flu #s and, by extension coronavirus numbers.

Still, I guess I'll address the rest of what you say really quick.
- Did governments worldwide conspired to fabricate the effectiveness of face coverings, social distancing, and increased sanitizing in slowing the spread of infectious diseases? > No. I would say public fear/panic, the media, politicians, scientists (not as a whole but sectors of each) collectively exaggerate (and, in other sectors, minimalize) the effectiveness of these measures. I would also say that sanitizing is certainly effective, within reason, social distancing has some role, and masks have almost none. I may be wrong, but I think what few studies there are on this stuff indicate this. (Some added context to this is I have read some of the SAGE committee minutes from the UK, which tell you more-or-less what the experts over there are saying and what messaging they are putting out and I use this in part to inform what I say).
-WHO reporting drop an arm of China? I wasn't denying the drop, so I'm confused... But no: the WHO has corruption problems similar to the rest of the UN organizations, but that's it.
-Is the Deep State secretly classifying flu cases as covid? No. I wasn't saying this either. If you took this from #4 I am not implying malice or anything, simply that (as I've learned in the last year or so) that cause of death statistics are pretty flawed. In a given year significantly more people die of flu, for example, than the numbers you list because they were not tested or diagnosed with flu before they died, even if it caused their death (comorbidities are even trickier). Since the last year's preoccupation was with coronavirus (for good reasons) it is safe to assume the numbers are less realistic than usual. (I can elaborate on this if you want, but I'm keeping it short).
-Science doesn't lie, etc? I agree with Aawia here, but to add a bit it is proven that science's own observation of phenomena changes the phenomena, the scientific method is sound but very frequently (mostly?) applied in cases where it doesn't work or can't because it is using incomplete numbers or observations. The social sciences are basically all a fraud, I've learned, but don't get me started. Also: Flu deaths are not science, they are statistics that can be used for scientific things.

Phydios wrote:I said "COVID-19 regulations", not just "wearing masks". This includes #2, #3, and #5 on your list, as well as #7. And while #1 and #6 may have had an effect, they cannot possibly explain a drop in flu deaths of over 97%. (Nor can #4, for that matter.)

This is a worldwide collapse- do you think that governments worldwide conspired to fabricate the effectiveness of face coverings, social distancing, and increased sanitizing in slowing the spread of infectious diseases? Or that the WHO, who reported this drop, has become an arm of the Chinese government?

Science doesn't lie. Ever. It can't. Scientists can lie or misuse science, but the scientific method is sound. This past flu season went by with barely a whimper, when it usually kills tens of thousands. That's a fact. One can claim that the deep state is secretly classifying influenza cases as COVID-19 cases to keep the unwashed hordes from spraying their germs through the air with every breath, but one will struggle to find any evidence that would convince someone who needs it.

The deep state, however you define that, isn't classifying flu cases as covid cases. I believe their method is flawed. The reason they are being classified as covid cases are because they are looking for covid cases. Not only this, as I have said, when you die WITH covid, they classify it as a covid death no matter what. Many people have covid and dont realize it. People don't realize that obese/very unhealthy people or old people (old people would probably die just as easily from the flu) are the only ones seriously at risk.

These tyranical provisions should NOT (sacrifice all liberty) and cannot (economic-wise) go on forever, so I guess 10s of thousands more people dying next year would be neccessary. That is your logic, unless you want bags over your face and weird social distancing forever? That is sarcasm--10s of thousands of more people would not die

As far as sanitation goes, I dont care and it sounds like that would help. Social distancing may help (obviously standing close to someone with an illness makes you more likely to catch it), but it is not normal behavior to constantly stand 6 feet apart from each other. That is crazy. And by your logic that should go on forever

The Confederacy of Beastland wrote:People don't realize that obese/very unhealthy people or old people (old people would probably die just as easily from the flu) are the only ones seriously at risk.

I must correct you on this particular point. Have you not seen the outrageous situation in India? Plenty of young people can get covid and plenty of them die from it. As someone who has family members infected with this disease currently, I can tell you that not all of them are elderly and obese or overweight. If you're overweight or elderly you have an elevated risk but they are certainly not the only ones "seriously at risk." Comorbidities can increase your risk regardless of age group. Young people are more likely to be in areas with higher risk of covid to begin with (bars, childcare centers, retail shops, etc.) They may not get as severe a case of covid if they are vaccinated, but either way young people are at risk and can die from the disease. An article in JAMA (a prestigious medical journal) entitled: "Clinical Outcomes in Young US Adults Hospitalized With COVID-19" found that young adults do carry a significant risk for the disease and at severe illness in particular. The findings are summarized here: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/these-conditions-put-young-people-at-higher-risk-for-covid-19#Young-adults-in-marginalized-groups-with-preexisting-conditions

Another thing to consider. Corona has a pretty high hospitalization rate and needs medical treatment a lot of time even though it has a good survival rate. Poorer people can’t really get medical access due to lack of funds and less flexible hours for work so if they do get infected, their chances of dying dramatically increase if they can’t get care

Terradane wrote:Another thing to consider. Corona has a pretty high hospitalization rate and needs medical treatment a lot of time even though it has a good survival rate. Poorer people can’t really get medical access due to lack of funds and less flexible hours for work so if they do get infected, their chances of dying dramatically increase if they can’t get care

Indian hospitals have been turning away patients due to lack of space, people are just lying down in the hallways and corridors. Getting a hospital bed means you're very lucky and even then you're likely sharing the same "bed" with another infected person. India's healthcare system has collapsed under the weight of covid. I've had family members in India be turned away from multiple hospitals, including one family member that died simply because he couldn't get admitted in time. His death could have been prevented.

By the way, welcome to RTL Terradane, Telov, and The United Provinces of Santana! Hope you all enjoy your time with us!

Forum View

Advertisement