|Leader||Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour|
The Syndicalist Union of Ragnaria is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Chairman of the Congress Philip Balfour with an even hand, and notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, compulsory military service, and parental licensing program. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 22.91 billion Ragnarians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Congress City. The average income tax rate is 21.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ragnarian economy, worth a remarkable 6,553 trillion People's Econas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 286,059 People's Econas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Foreign 'investors' have been taking a great interest in the new secret shuttle, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, and prison visits increase substantially during election years. Crime, especially youth-related, is so common that it is unusual to encounter someone following the law, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ragnaria's national animal is the Akraklia, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Following new legislation in Ragnaria, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms.
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Military Identification Tag Act".
- : Ragnaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Vilita and Turori".
- : Ragnaria was banned from New United Region of Greater Verona by The Democratic Socialist Empire of AwesomeTecia.
- : Ragnaria updated the World Factbook entry in The League of Socialist States.
- : Ragnaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ethical Treatment of Animals in Research".
- : Ragnaria voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Auphelia".
- : Ragnaria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Ensuring Safe Syringe Use"".
- : Ragnaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
Endorsements Received: None.